Chapter Thirteen

"Oh my Lord, forgive me and my parents," Quran; 71:28

My parents are my life🥺
Baba you're an amazing human, i love you so much.
Mama only Allah can bless you.
May He the most forgiving, forgive us all.
Amin.

Hammannurs pov

No matter what you do in this life, you'll never please everyone, so try to focus on yourself and only yourself.

That was the thought that kept on replaying in my head after the mini misunderstanding between me and Shehu.

Deep down, i know i am trying to be a better person, and he has no right to bring me down, so what if our thoughts differs?!

Anyways we've solved our differences the very next day of the incident.

And a week ago we- as Karims family went to Fatma, his wife to be(s) house to ask for her hand in marriage for him.

They are such nice humans and we've come to a conclusion that their wedding will take place in two months time in shaa Allah.

The boy is over the moon, the love he has for her is definitely out of this world.

***

"Count me out, I'll go pick them Zayn from the airport in an hour," Karim says, munching his banana.

"No one asked you to come," Imran roll his eyes. "Chill," He utters throwing the peel of his banana in the bin.

"What are we doing anyways?" Sabrina asks, I give her a thumbs up for even i don't know what is happening.

It is Friday afternoon, the sun is shining bright up in the beautiful light blue sky,

We're all in Babas living room, talking randomly about everything and nothing, and now Mama is suggesting we do something that we have no idea about.

"Lets just postpone it till Zayn arrives." Mama says, I shrug leaning my back against the couch.

"You just can't afford to miss me there." Says Karim, "It's okay to deceive your self once in a while boo," I tap his nose and he swat my hand away.

For almost ten minutes silence envelope us,

"Who'd have thought that you'll get married before me?" Karim asks no one in particular out of the blue.

I shrug; "Gods plan bro." And my family burst out laughing.

It's true tho,

I never knew I'd get married anytime soon, at least not before Shehu and definitely not before Karim.

"I'm happy for y'all, may Allah bless you," Mummy prays with a smile, we smiled back at her.

"Amin, thank you." Me and Karim said in sync.

"I can't believe you both will be leaving soon, what about me?" Imran pouts, i chuckle at him; "Tell baba to go to Jam-" I start but he cut me off by putting his palm on my mouth to stop me from saying.

Karim starts laughing; "They ain't serious, i told you." "Get off me," I said and he smack me before removing his palm from my mouth.

"Ever heard of hand wash?" I pretend to spit at him, they laugh;

Mama murmurs; "You kids will never be serious,"

"I have a hand wash in my toilet," Mahir says, "Our toilet kid," Johara smack his head, "Mummy you see Ya Johara is hitting me." Mahir reports.