Chapter Three

"I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls upon Me." Quran; 2:186

Our Lord is As-Sami'i(The Listener)
You whisper, He Listens.
You believe, He accepts.
Indeed He is the most Merciful.

Hammannurs pov

"Let me work." I said for the billionth time, but this brother of mine seems to be deaf, as he continue telling me a story that i am not interested in.

"Don't be such a buzzkill Hammannur." My other brother, Karim says with a roll of his eyes.

"Listen to your bro, Nuru." Imran smirks, he knows I hate the name, Hajiya is the only one that is allowed to call me that, and it's because i don't have any option.

"Shut up and go out please!" I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

It's just 2pm, we literally just prayed Zuhr and these boys decide to branch in my office to disturb my peace,

And to think i left my home to practice as early as after fajr and them not letting me work is so frustrating.

"Life's short bro, have fun!" Karim winks, Karim is my biological brother and we're all working here in dads company.

Did i mention that he is unserious?!

"You have fun when you've got no pending work bro." I reply him, going through some files.

"Show off!" Imran huff, he is our step bro, the stupid one, i shake my head; "Huh?" I chuckle,

They stayed in my cabin for few minutes before they left to theirs to work.

Baba owns an iron rod company, the biggest one in Kano if i may add, we've got branches in other states, like Gombe, Kaduna and Abuja,

Three of my siblings are working in the Abuja branch, Jawad, the oldest in our home, Bello and Zayn.

Anyways, few hours later i am done working and it's time to go home,

I walk to Imrans office to see if he is done, 'cause i need a ride back home as i do not own a car yet, Baba said he wouldn't buy it for me and that i will have to own my money first.

"You done sir?" I questioned, walking in.

"In a bit." He replies, typing furiously on his keyboard and i just walk towards his fridge.

A cold bottle of sprit will be nice, i thought and pick it.

"Lets go!" He says, slinging his shoulder bag and we walk out of his office and outta the huge building as well.

We enter his car and he starts driving.

Karim has left already, I've given up in asking him for a ride 'cause he always goes to his 'fiancée' after work, obsessed much?

We arrive home in less than 10 minutes.
"Shisha later?" Imran asks as i open the door to our huge house.

I shake my head; "For the millionth time i don't smoke that crap." I reply.

"Lucky you!" He says defeatedly, he is the only one that smokes shisha in our home, Zayn does occasionally but they're both trying to stop.

In shaa Allah they will.

"He is always lucky." Sabrina winks at me and i give her a big hug, "You know it sis." I wink back at her.

We talked for a while and mama serve us delicious food.