Chapter Twenty Five

Dua for having a child.
"My Lord, grant me[a child] from among the righteous." Quran; 37:100

Amin ya Allah,
Wallahi raising a child in this generation is super challenging, may Allah grant us the most righteous and blessed kids, Amin.

Hammannurs pov

A smile dangled from her lips like a crescent hangs from the sky, and at this moment the past and the future turns to smoke until there was nothing but the instant,

Right now, i know that time doesn't matter when falling in love,

I fell for this woman sitting beside me on the passengers seat recklessly within a short period of time, the scars in me can tell the story of how i fell for her, recklessly.

I turn to the next turn and park my car just outside my brothers house, we both hop out of the car.

"Hey, i wanted to be a gentleman and open your door," I said to my wife, wrapping my arm around her.

She smiled, the smile that has been playing on her lips since morning: "Well, you aren't!" And she giggles.

I give her an all over, i wanted to have a come back about what she said, but i couldn't- not after seeing how beautiful she looks, as usual.

"You look gorgeous wifey," I walk to where she is standing and after knocking their door i kiss her forehead.

She look away, something she does whenever she is shy; "Thank you!" She whispers.

Before i reply the door swing open: "Mr and Mrs Hammannur," Fatma announce and i roll my eyes at her before walking inside, leaving the girls hugging the day lights outta each other.

"Kar-" I swallowed back my words when i come face to face with Hajiya and Zainab.

Huh?

"Hajiya?" I call out, "Nuru na, come here." And i walk to her,

I sit beside her, and she hold my hand in hers, and right now, i actually know that i missed her much more that i thought.

"Hajiya, how are you!? Where have you been? Why isn't your phone going through? What happe-" She cut me off with a chuckle.

"One at a time Nuru," She pat my shoulder.

"I'm fine as you can see, and I've been staying at my friends, now tell me, how are you?" She asks.

"I'm good." "Did you go home?" I can't help but blurt that out.

Her whole demeanor changed and she clear her throat: "Um- no, so how is your wife?" And i figured that she doesn't wanna talk about that.

And that is actually when i noticed that they didn't come in, "She is with Fatma, let me call her." And as if on cue all the humans in the house enter the living.

Zainab smiled at me, i smiled back, she is looking almost good.

"Hajiya ina wuni(good afternoon)" My wife greets, sitting on the floor beside Hajiya.

Karim and his wife sat on the opposite couch, and Zainab on the floor beside me.

"Lafia," Hajiya answers uninterestingly? Or maybe i am just imagining.

Anyways that is how the time pass by in a blur, with chit chats here and there, mostly me, Karim and Hajiya are the only ones speaking.

Hajiya and Zainab left after maghrib and after we prayed isha before we took our leave as well.