Chapter Twenty Two

"Remember Me, and I will remember you." Quran; Suratul Baqara

Always remember the One who created you, say your dhikr constantly, in shaa Allah we will be guided to the straight path.

Khamisas pov

"We still don't know yet, but it seems like she is reacting to the medications." Zara explains not so cheerfully.

"Plus she has all the symptoms of the medicines side effect," My dad add.

I nod my head at them: "May Allah grant her the quickest recovery in shaa Allah." I prayed.

"Amin," They chorus.

My step mum is lying on her bed almost lifelessly, subahanallah a very heartbreaking sight if you ask me.

Because the woman is always full of life, super healthy and cheerful, so seeing her like this is almost unbearable.

She has been sick since when we i was in Italy, almost 7 weeks now, no one actually knows what is wrong with her, Abba took her to the hospital countless time but same result,

Which is— nothing, but the last doctor she saw prescribed a medicine for her, which as you can tell she is reacting to it.

And also last week one of our neighbor suggested we take her to a herbalist, we did, he did his thing gave her some dried leaves to soak in water and drink.

We can't really tell if it is working or not, 'cause she has been unconscious for the last seventy two hours, yes three days.

I hope she recovers soon.

I stayed with them for almost three hours, Zara isn't dealing with the situation lightly, I think it probably came as a shock to her, and for the past 17 years of her life her mother is always by her side, so seeing her unconscious now and literally can't do anything about it is mentally exhausting.

"Take care of yourself and be strong for both our parents okay?" I pat her back whilst saying that.

"I will try in shaa Allah," She says.

I smiled at her; "Tell Abba i will be coming back tomorrow," And with that i walk to my husbands car.

***

I roll my scarf- black scarf around my head, completing my look, i am wearing an all black abaya with a black face mask, bag and shoes.

What? Just felt like it🌚

I casually match my way to where my husband is waiting for me in our compound, we are going shopping as we're running out of groceries.

"Ouu who is this?" My husband who is leaning on his car winks at me. "Oh c'mon," I lamely reply, walking to the passengers side.

He playfully glare at me, entering the car and i did the same.

He turn to look at me immediately he close his door: "You look pretty," He compliments with a gorgeous smile, "As usual," He whispers, leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you." I reply shyly, and he start reversing the car.

Our relationship is—? Wallah i don't even know, sometimes it is okay, other days we're 'almost' like real couple, sometimes friends, sometimes strangers.

So I don't know.

The guy is utterly sweet for his being, he has been nothing but supportive, but however his mother isn't.