Chapter One

"And their hands will speak to Us."
Quran; Surah Yasin.

That's actually my fav surah😻

Be careful what you do with your whole body, for on the day of resurrection your mouth will be sealed.

Hammannurs pov

I hit the golf ball hard- too hard that my friend look me in the eye confusedly, i shrug and continue riding.

"Wassup mate!" The other person riding says with a chuckle, i shrug again.

I am not really good with names but we've been playing with him for quite a while now.

We used to play in race course but now we've moved to polo club as our tournament is barely 3 months away.

I think that explains how i can't remember his name, i am more familiar with those in race course.

Anyways, yes, we play polo and boy do i live for horses.

"Mahmoud here!" Shehu calls and i hit the tiny ball his direction and in the process my horse jump to the front with its front legs.

And yes, Shehu calls me 'Mahmoud' for some unreasonable reason, he is my only trusted friend, we're almost brothers.

If that makes sense! 'almost brothers' haha!

Almost an hour or so later, we are done practicing for today and we hop in Shehus car after we said goodbye to the boys.

My friend start the car and i sigh, it was one hectic practice, our coach is going really extra on us lately; "You're becoming so lazy Mahmoud." He shake his head.

I ignore him and pick my phone to- you know, just surf.

Hammannur Musa is my real name, Shehu claims that the name is too long and- hard? that's why he calls me Mahmoud,

The tenth child in my home, we're an extended family, 3 wives, 15 kids in general.

6 of my siblings are married, my favorite is Amal, she's married with no kids yet, she's beautiful, amazing, understanding and many more words my jumbled brain can't think of right now.

My mum is the second wife with 5 kids, hajiya.
Bello, Zainab, Karim, Hammannur and Aminu.

Mama, the first wife and more like a mother figure to me, she has 7 kids,
Jawahir, Jawad(twins), Sadiya, Imran, Sabrina, Amal and Zayn.

Mummy, the third wife more like our bestie, haha! She has 3 lil kids;
Johara, Nohar(twins), Mahir.

Haha!

I know, too many names, too many people, trust me one can never get bored in my home, my siblings are of different characters.

"Mun isa(we've arrived)" Shehu says turning off the engine, interrupting my thoughts.

We got down, walk side by side inside the restaurant, Tribes By Meena, i remove my RayBan shades when we sit on our reserved table.

Yes, we live in Kano, and no, we- my family aren't from Kano, we're from Yobe State, Nigeria.

It's quite a nice country.

Anyways we order our lunch or rather pre dinner.

We finished our meal in about- minuets?
What? Men are hungry sis.

"You hit the ball hard earlier, wanna talk about it?" Shehu asks softly, did i mention that he is my unpaid therapist?

"Bakomai bane(it's nothing)" I reply sipping my cold Chapman.