✖ 7 ✖

Calum's point of view

We sat in the waiting room, and by we, I mean me, Ashton, and Luke. Michael and his parents were coming in a separate car and I bet on my life that they are taking the long way here to prolong their time from seeing Maekayla.

My knee bounced up and down in anticipation and I chewed my nails nervously. I may not have known her for a long time, but I was worried, and scared, sick. It made my stomach twist and turn and my chest hurt.

"Maekayla Clifford?" The doctor finally called out and we ran up to him. "Is her family here?" He asked, looking at us. He knew us, I could tell he recognized who we were.

"They're coming, but it's going to take awhile," I said sourly and he nodded. "But is she okay?" I asked him, my tone softening, and he nodded.

"Luckily, we were just in time and were able to get the sleeping pills out of her system before they took their course. She seems to have a lot of, what we believe are, self harm scars covering her body, so I advise you to make her see a therapist for it or rehab. It's a problem and they could solve it. We wouldn't want this happening again. A, thankfully failed, suicide attempt."

We agreed, although, I wouldn't make her see a therapist, and I sure a  he'll won't take her to rehab. And I know the other boys won't make  her either. Her brother doesn't care and I don't believe her parents have the money to put into therapy and rehab.

Besides, she doesn't need therapy or rehab or anything of the sort. All she needs is to know someone is there for her and someone loves her. She needs a hug and someone willing to listen to all her problems,big or small. Overall, all she needs is a friend, someone who cares.

"Can we see her?" Ashton asked and he nodded. We followed him and he led us to a room. He told us if we needed anything to ask him and we nodded.

"Maekayla?" I asked as I opened the door and peeked in. She was sleeping on the bed and her heart moniter was going perfectly. Thank god. It would be a nightmare if it went flat lined.

"She's asleep," Luke said and I nodded. We walked in anyways and Ashton's phone rang. He picked it up and left the room, but only stood outside of the closed door.

"She's okay," I breathed out. "Thank god," I said as I grabbed her hand and ran my thumb over her knuckles. Luke flipped her arm over and millions of scars littered her arm.

"They go all the way up to her elbows." He said, running his finger across a few that looked new. They looked as if they just started scabbing.

"Why do you care?" I heard Ashton sneer from the other side of the door. "Oh, so it takes her possibly dying for you to care? You're such a-no, you come over here if you care so much. Sh-goodbye Michael. If you cared so much, you'd show up."

"Michael called." He said bitterly as he stuffed his phone into his pocket. "I understand why he's upset about her being related to him, the whole 'my parents went through a rough patch because you', however what he had said was crossing the line. Fucking China could hear him with how loud he was screaming."

Normally, I would have cracked a sex related joke to what he had just said, but I didn't. I was still trying to somehow thank god Maekayla was still alive and breathing. So many suicide attempts are succeeded and I was so grateful this wasn't one.

"That's not our Michael." Luke said. "Something happened and I don't know what, but he would never do that. What happened?" Luke asked and I shook my head.

"I don't know Luke." I said and we sat in silence. "It's not her fault she was related to him. I really do not understand why he's as so upset. She didn't do anything. It was all the parents' choice to put her in an adoption center or care for her. And they chose the latter."

"I know," Ashton agreed and reached out for Maekayla's arm. "I am going to murder Michael." He said, eyeing the cuts, scars, and bruises from a tight grip on her arm.

"I'm definitely going to smack some sense into the boy." I said. "I may be younger, but I'm stronger than he is."

"It's probably all of the hair dye. It's getting into his head and making him someone he's not." Luke joked, trying to lighten the mood. It worked... barely.

"Mm who's there?" I heard a croaky and quiet voice ask. I looked at the hospital bed and Maekayla sat up. "Where am I?"

"Hospital," I said with a small smile as she frowned. "Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded. She looked around and then shook her head.

"What happened?" She asked as she looked at us three. "I just remember Michael yelling and screaming at me." She told us.

"Which, he had no right to say such things to you." I said and and just shrugged as she placed her wrists on her lap. I knew what she was trying to hide, but it was too late.

"You kind of over dosed on some sleeping pills after the huge fall out and we're lucky you even woke up." Ashton said and Luke nodded.

"Oh," she said and I stood up. She sounded disappointed and I didn't like it. I wrapped my arms around her and her heart monitor sped up a bit.

"I was so scared." I told her and gave her a squeeze. "Please don't ever pull a stunt like that again. We were worried sick and care so much about you."

"You don't know me." She said blankly. I pulled away and her heart monitor was back to normal. "You shouldn't care so much."

"Oh, but we do," Luke said and I took a seat again. "And there is nothing you can do to stop us from caring." He said and she cracked a small smile. She fixed her bangs so they were covering her eye and I tore my eyes away from her. She's just so beautiful.

"Your parents and Michael are on their way." Ashton spoke up and she nodded. "But you don't have to let them in if you don't want to."

She nodded and leaned back. "I suppose you lot heard our whole argument." She said and looked at us. We nodded and she sighed. "I apologize. You didn't need to hear that. I had provoked the argument and I didn't mean to."

"You shouldn't be apologizing." Ashton told her. "Michael should be the one apologizing to you. What he said was crossing the line and completed and utter bullshit."

Me and Luke agreed but she shook her head. "I should have kept my big mouth shut and used my head before I spoke. It was my fault." She said and before I could disagree with her, a voice I did not want to hear spoke up.

"Maekayla?"