Chapter - 1

Demon - an evil spirit; devil or fiend
_____________________________________

Ella's pov:

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been scared of the dark. I'm not scared of the dark but of what lurks in it. I don't know if it happened or not but I have some really scary memories from my childhood. In most of those memories I see someone I don't know. A woman. The woman's face is always covered with darkness. Only her long black hair and white dress can be seen. I have never seen her face and I don't even want to. She even appears in my dreams frequently.
"Ella!!" my dad's shout brings me out of my thoughts. Shoot! I'm late for school. I quickly get out of bed. I head into the bathroom, take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I put on a white tank top and ripped jeans. I put my hair up in a ponytail, take my bag and head downstairs. "Ella, eat something before you head out," my mom says from the kitchen. "I don't have time. " I shout and start heading out when my dad suddenly blocks my path and puts a piece of bread in my mouth. "Now you can head out," he says and moves out of my way.
I rush towards my black bike while eating the bread. I finish the bread and start my bike.
Today is my first day at Winchester High and I'm already late.
Last week I and my family moved into this small town from Arizona because my dad's company transferred him here. I finally reach the school and park my bike at an empty parking spot.
I go inside the school. I collect my schedule and a map of the school from a friendly lady sitting at the desk. I quickly head to my first class.
"Sorry, I'm late. " as soon as I enter the classroom all the students look in my direction. I become very uncomfortable.

The teacher looks at me and says " Late on the first day of school, Ms .......? "
"Winston, sir. I know that I'm late but I promise it won't happen again"
"You better keep that promise, now go and take a seat," my teacher says.

I let out a sigh and find myself in an empty seat. The girl in front of me turns around and smiles at me "Hi. I'm Isabella Karimov "
"Ella Winston" I smile back.
"Alright, let's begin the class, " the teacher says.

This is going to be a long day.