Chapter - 12

Devil - a devil is the personification of evil as it is conceived in various cultures and religious traditions. It is seen as the objectification of a hostile and destructive force.

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

I hear someone reciting something in weird language. I feel the coldness of metal around me. Metal chains. There's duck tape over my mouth. I'm tied to a chair.
I slowly open my eyes. My head hurts bad. Slowly, I start remembering everything.
"You're finally awake"
I look up and see a man wearing a mask looking at me.
What are they going to do with me? Am I going to die?
I look around. It seems like I'm inside the temple. One of the masked men is standing in front of me. One is standing in front of the door. The other one is sitting in front of the alter. There's an open book lying beside him. He's reciting something from the book and throwing some sort of powder in the burning alter. The man tied to the chair is placed on top of the starlike symbol.
"It's time," the man standing in front of me tells the other two. The two men nod.
Time for what?
The man that was standing in front of me goes over to the altar. There is a knife placed near the altar. He grabs it and starts heading towards the man that was tied. The man is struggling on the chair. There is pure fear in his eyes.
The masked man starts to tear his shirt with the knife.
Then he takes the knife near his stomach area and started carving something there.
There is blood dripping down from his stomach onto the floor. There are tears in his eyes. He's screaming in agony.
I want to close my eyes. I don't want to see this. But for some reason, I can't stop looking at the scene in front of me.
The masked man stops. He moves and lets me see what he has carved on the man's stomach.
It's a symbol. The same starlike symbol that's on the ground.
Then the man starts moving the knife closer to the man's neck. He starts peeling off the skin on his neck. The man is in a lot of pain.
The masked man suddenly throws the knife away.
"Get me the axe," he says.
The man that was standing in front of the floor nods. He picks up a big bag from the corner and takes out a big axe.
He hands it to the other man and goes back near the door.
The man that is chained to the chair looks like he's about to faint.
The man takes the axe and with one swift swoop, he chops off the tied man's head.
Blood oozes down from the top of his neck.
"You're next," the masked man says looking at me.