Chapter - 4

If you feel strongly that someone is watching you, they probably are. Your brain has a primal '"gaze detection" that determines whether someone is staring directly at you. Which gives you a feeling of being watched.

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

I'm standing in a dark hallway. There is a small light bulb hanging above me. The hallway is long. I can't see what's at the end of the hallway. It's awfully quiet. The only sound I can hear is my breathing.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a door opening from the end of the hallway.
Ican hears footsteps slowly approaching me. The footsteps are coming closer and closer. My heart is beating so fast that I think it might come out of my chest.
The footsteps are closer than before. I can make out a figure. It's a woman. The woman keeps coming closer. Now her white dress is visible. Her hair reaches her waist. As always, her face is covered in darkness. She's getting closer and closer.

I am really scared. I don't want her to be close to me. But she keeps on walking towards me. An ominous feeling takes over me.
She stops right in front of me.
I want to close my eyes but I can't. I want to run but I can't move. It's like I'm frozen.
She starts to move her hand towards my face.

I wake up covered in sweat. I look around. I'm in my bed. It was just a nightmare. I hear my parents talking downstairs. They're back.
I quickly get out of bed. My head hurts a little. I remember what happened earlier. Was I hallucinating again? I collapsed outside my room. How did I end up in my bed?
I decided not to think about it now. I go downstairs.
"Hey, Ella! You're awake. " my mom says.
"What happened to your forehead? " asks my dad.
"Nothing. I just slipped. "
I won’t tell them the truth. There's no point in telling them. They won't believe me. No one will.