Chapter - 18

Flesh - the soft substance consisting of muscle and fat that is found between the skin and bones of a human or an animal

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

I'm standing on the sidewalk of a dark road. There are no cars on the road. It's nighttime.
I look around and spot a woman dressed in a gorgeous red dress with a sweetheart's neck and matching red heels. Her wavy and thick black hair is almost reaching her waist. She looks like she came back from some sort of a party.
She's standing right beside me but I can't see her face because her hair is covering the side of her face. She starts crossing the road, I notice a slit in her dress reaching up to her mid-thigh. She's skinny and her skin is tan.

Just as she was about to reach the other side of the road, a truck comes out of nowhere and runs her over. It doesn’t stop and speeds away.

I look at the scene in front of me with terror. The red dress is wet with a liquid the same colour as the dress. Her body isn't like a human anymore but a Pile of flesh. I can even see a few bones poking out.

But the thing that terrified me the most is what happened afterwards. Several black buglike things appeared from the sky and sat on her body. I watched with teary eyes as they devoured her completely, even her bones. The only thing left was the red dress and the heels.

I jolt awake with tears in my eyes. Why did I have to see things like this?
I take a deep breath and try to calm down my racing heart but it's of no use.

I hear laughing from downstairs. Sounds like my parents are laughing at some sort of tv show they are watching.

Rage takes over me. People are dying all over the globe every day and they are laughing, watching a tv show.
My fists clench and I grit my teeth. My legs start carrying me out of my room.

I can't control myself!