Chapter - 7

Scary - frightening; causing fear

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

School is finally over. Isabella's house is nearby. She walks to school every day. So she doesn't bring any vehicles. I and Isabella decide to go to the ice cream parlour on my bike.
We head to the parking lot and get on my bike. The ice cream parlour is close.
It doesn’t take much time to reach it.
We get off the bike.
Isabella looks worried for some reason.
"Is something wrong? " I ask her in a hushed tone.
"I'm not sure but I think the red car behind us has been following us. "
I see the car with the corner of my eyes.
I remember seeing it in the school parking lot.
Why would someone follow us?
Could it be the masked men from the woods?
"Don't think about it. Let's go inside. "I tell her. Although I am worried.
We go inside and take a seat. We order our ice creams and start talking about random stuff.
After a while, we see the red car parked in front of the ice cream parlour.
A person comes out of the car. It's that boy from school! Is he following me? Earlier, why was he looking at me suspiciously? Do I look like a criminal or something?
" It's Kyle Lockhart!! " Isabella exclaims.
"Who?"
"You're new here. You probably don’t know about him. His name is Kyle Lockhart. He's kinda famous. He's weird. He doesn’t talk to people. He's always by himself. Everyone says he's a paranormal investigator. " Isabella says in a low tone.
Paranormal investigator? Is it possible that he knows something?
While we were busy talking he comes inside and sits on one of the tables near our table.
Why is he following me?

*******

I had a lot of fun with Isabella today. After hanging out for a while, we said goodbye to each other and Isabella went home. Earlier, when we were at the ice cream park kyle finished his ice cream quickly and left. I haven’t seen him since then. Maybe he stopped following me.
After we finished our ice cream, Isabella took us to a small amusement park nearby. I had so much fun that I didn't realize it was getting late.
I did plan to go to the temple today but it's gonna be dark soon. My parents will be worried if I go home late. I guess I have to cancel my plans.