Chapter - 2

Paranormal - denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.
_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

Finally, after three classes, it's lunch break. I go to the cafeteria and sit at an empty table with Isabella. Isabella is friendly. We talked a lot during the three classes. I think I've made my first friend here. As I'm talking to Isabella a group of boys walk past our table. I hear them talking about some sort of an old rundown temple in the woods nearby.
It sparks my curiosity. Honestly, I'm a scaredy-cat but my curiosity gets the best of me and I decide to go there after school is over.
After a few hours school is finally over. I head outside with Isabella, wave her goodbye and get to my bike. I use my GPS to find the woods. A couple of minutes later I finally reach the woods. I park my bike on the side of the road and go inside the woods. I start searching for the temple but don't find anything.
Just as I'm about to leave I hear whispers coming from nearby. It sounds like some people talking in a weird language. I walk in the direction of the whispers. I see a temple-like structure behind some pine trees. I can't hear the whispers anymore. Maybe I should check out the temple. The temple looks old and a little broken. I don't know why but I feel like I'm being watched. I'm really scared but also curious about what's inside the temple. Just as I'm about to touch the door, I hear footsteps coming from behind the temple.
I quickly hide behind a big tree. I spot a person coming from the backside of the temple. It looks like a man. He's wearing a black mask and a black cape-like dress. Two more men come after him.
"What's the matter? " one of the two men ask the first one.
"I thought I heard something. "
"There's no one here." the third man says.
"It must be your imagination. Let's go. We need to bury the body. " the second man says.
BODY!! What body? Did someone die? Or.... did they kill someone?!!!
A chill runs down my spine.
The men return to the backside of the temple. I should run but I'm really curious. I decide to take a peek and slowly walk towards the temple's backside. I hide behind a bush and watch what the men are doing. They were digging the ground with shovels. Beside them was a chair that had the body of a man.
The man's head was chopped off! His head was lying on the ground beside his body. There was blood dripping down from the top of his neck. There was blood splattered on the ground. The head was also covered in blood. I somehow manage to stop myself from puking. I need to get out of here. I can't stay here. I start to slowly back out. Careful so that I don't make any noise. Right then, a small branch breaks underneath my feet. Shoot!
The men stop digging the ground.
"Who's there? " one of the men shouts.
That's it. I turn around and start running for dear life.
I can hear the men running after me. I have to get to my bike. I run as fast as I can. Finally, I reach the road. I quickly get on my bike and try to start it. It's not starting! I keep trying and trying. The men are about to reach the road. I can see them. Thankfully as soon as they reach the road the bike starts. I start driving the bike as fast as I can. I don't look back even once.