Chapter - 5

Lucifer: one of the seven princes of hell

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

It took me a long time to make my parents believe that the bruise on my forehead was from slipping on the floor. It's true but they still don't wanna believe me for some reason.
After having dinner with my parents I go back to my room. The temperature feels normal now. I don't want to go to sleep just now. I take a book from my shelf and start reading it.
While I'm reading my phone starts ringing. It's Isabella.
"Hey El," she says in a cheerful voice.
"Hey"
"What are you doing? "
"Just reading a book. What about you? "
"I've been thinking about something. "
"What is it? "
"Maybe tomorrow after school we can hang out for a little bit. "
"Let me think "
"It's decided. Tomorrow we're gonna hang out after school "
"Wait! I didn't say.. "
"Bye El. See you tomorrow. "
She hangs up before I can say anything.

I stop reading the book and decide to go to sleep.
I wake up in the middle of the night. The room feels cold again. I'm laying in my bed, alert. Suddenly thoughts about the temple come back. I need to know what is going on. I'm going back there tomorrow.
Suddenly I hear a voice from my closet.
I pull the covers over my head. And start praying. I hear the closet door open. Something comes out of it. It's walking towards me. A smell enters my nostrils. It smells like rotten flesh. The thing stops right in front of me. I close my eyes shut. I don't want to see what it is. I don't have the courage to.
I don't know how much time has passed like this. It feels like hours. My eyes are closing. I can't stop. Before falling asleep I feel the thing removing the covers off me.

*******

I wake up hearing the sound of a car horn. I slowly start to remember what happened last night. A chill runs up my spine. Was it another hallucination? Or was it all real?

I get out of bed and go to take a cold shower. I take off my pants and notice a purplish bruise on one of my legs.

Everything that happened was real?