Chapter - 15

Voice - the sound produced in a person's larynx and through the mouth, as speech or song

_________________________________________

Ella's pov:

After getting out of the temple with Kyle, I see two of the three masked men wearing handcuffs.
A police officer comes to me and asks me to tell him everything I saw.
After I tell him everything, the officer calls another officer to take me home.
I see Kyle talking to another police officer.
His words ring in my ear. You have to be careful tonight.

The police officer takes me home and informs my parents about everything. The third man has gotten away and the police are trying to find him. My dad looks super shocked and my mom looks like she's going to faint. She quickly engulfs me in a hug and starts crying. Dad is just standing there shocked.

At night, I stay in my parent's room. Me and mom on the bed and dad on the couch.
I don’t know why Kyle told me not to stay alone tonight but I'm not gonna dare defy him.
My mom is hugging me tight in her sleep. Dad is snoring like a lion. I don’t think I'll be able to fall asleep like this.
Not finding anything else to do I start counting sheep.

101 sheep..... 102 sheep.....  103 sheep

I jolt awake at midnight. I didn’t realize when I fell asleep. It's so cold. Mom is laying on the other side, her back is facing me. Dad is still snoring like a lion. How did I manage to fall asleep?

I start tossing around in bed. I stop, hearing my name being called. It doesn't sound like the woman's voice. It sounds like a little girl. It's coming from my room. There's no way I'm going there.

However, my body had other plans. It starts following the voice, paying no attention to my command to stop. It's as if it has a mind of its own. I get out of my parent's room and start heading towards my room. I slowly open the door and go inside. It's dark in here but I manage to make out the figure of a young girl in a corner. I start going towards her.

Her arms are stretched out. She looks like she wants me to hug her. I reach for her and hug her tightly. I feel the touch of her cold little hands on my back.
"Stay with me forever," she says in a sweet tone.

I fall asleep.