Chapter - 20

Soul - the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal
________________________________________

3 months later-

Kyle Lockhart was walking on the sidewalk in a sweatshirt and denim jeans.

It's had been three months since Ella went missing. Her parents were found dead in their residence. They had been stabbed multiple times.

The blood-covered knife they found lying beside Mrs Winston had Ella's fingerprints on it. The police are saying that she stabbed her parents to death and fled. They are still trying to find her.

But Kyle couldn't believe that she killed her parents, especially that brutally.

Although Kyle had only talked to her once, he could tell she wasn't a murderer. He suspected the spirit attached to her might have something with all of this.

He had gone to her house a few days after the incident and when he went to Ella's room he could sense something.
Something terrible had happened in that room.

It wasn't the murder, it was something else.

Her house is still lying there empty. No one wants to a house where people have been murdered.

The people on the sidewalk are not paying the teenage boy any attention. They are too busy with their own lives.
Not that Kyle minds it.

He turns around the corner and finds a weird sight. On the crowded sidewalk, someone's holding a floral-printed umbrella over their heads.

It's not raining and there isn't much sunlight outside. Then why would someone need an umbrella?

He tries to take a glimpse of the person holding the umbrella. It's a girl with undoubtedly familiar dark brown hair.

Could it be her?

He followed the familiar-looking girl and can near a shopping mall.

There were fewer people on the sidewalk now and he could look at her completely.
She was wearing a blue short dress.

Unexpectedly the girl turns around.

Those familiar eyes looked at him and there was a smile on her face. She turned her back towards him again and goes inside the shopping mall.

The boy follows after. The girl leads him to a shoe shop and goes inside.

Kyle enters the shop but doesn't find her anywhere.

He asks the middle-aged woman about the girl who entered the shop before him. He was stunned hearing her reply.

She didn't see anyone enter the shop except him.

The End

________________________________________
F

inally my first story has come to an end.I know it's filled with grammatical mistakes and the writing style isn't that good and you may not like the story. But I'm grateful that you have read it this far.

Also, i'll try to write better stories in the future. Thank you.
_________________________________________