045

TW: This chapter contains slight animal cruelty. (Sorry in advance.)

Chapter Forty-Five:

"It was a nightmare."

Friday rolled around quicker than expected and Atlas had been full of nerves the whole week. She had been quite on edge and jumpy, but it also seemed like she hadn't fully recovered from her blackout. She was always feeling faint and hadn't had as much energy as she usually would but that was brushed right to the back of her mind as she focussed on what was to come.

One of her other main concerns was explaining to everyone how Apollo had risen from the dead. She considered many options and the first was to lie, make up an excuse about how he hadn't truly died and magically recovered. The other was to blame it on a miracle. Pretend that he had risen without any other intervention and it was a blessing that he had returned. In the end, she had decided she would deal with the questions after she had finished the ritual.

She had already headed to the forbidden forest earlier than the two boys she had recruited. She made up a lie about her and Theo going on a date to the rest of her friends. She didn't have to worry about trying to cover up Draco's absence since he was never around much. He was very much a ghost to Hogwarts now, only glimpses of him to be seen and no one knowing where he would disappear to.

Thinking of the devil and he shall appear Atlas thought to herself as she watches the gloomy teen walk towards her with his hands buried into his trouser pockets. He hadn't changed out of his uniform, instead had just removed his robe. He navigates through the trees and awkwardly stands beside Atlas who was now inspecting him. He looked suspicious and nervous but at this very moment that was the least of her worries.

The two look up cautiously after hearing loud footsteps stomping towards them. Atlas spots Theo. His smile drops as he notices the blonde haired boy standing next to Atlas. It was clear there was tension between the two boys after Draco confessed his crush on Atlas. Their friendship was barely holding on by a thread. It was thanks to Pansy that their friendship hadn't fallen through completely.

"What's he doing here?" Both boys mutter simultaneously.

"Because I need your help." Atlas informs them.

"If Theo's here, you don't need my help." Draco spits out and attempts to walk away.

Atlas was quick to cast a nonverbal spell, throwing a tree in front of Draco for him to turn back around. It worked well as he furiously looked at the girl.

"It's clear that you two need time to bond and this is a perfect opportunity to do it. So Draco get back here." She tells him sternly.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Theo announces as Draco makes his way back.

"Resurrection or you two hanging out?" Atlas asks.

"Both." He says nonchalantly.

"It's almost dark so we need to get started soon." Atlas says as she notices the sun setting.

She walks towards the cage with a raccoon that she had trapped the previous night. Atlas spreads the salt into a circle and places the racoon in the centre. She beckons for the boys to follow and sit and they do. She places some of Apollo's belongings near her spell book as she motions for the two boys to hold hands.

"I'm not doing it." Draco refuses causing Atlas to roll her eyes.

"Just do it Draco, don't be a bitch." Atlas groans.

The two grumble beneath their breaths but eventually end up holding hands. It wasn't even necessary for the two to do so but Atlas wanted to see how far she could push her luck. She opens up her book to the page with the spell and repeats it over and over in her head to make sure she has it memorised. Atlas then takes the small creature out of the cage and holds it in her hands as she brings a small dagger up to its neck.