| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕 |

𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Mitch along with my dad and Irene left a few minutes ago, leaving me alone in this place. I sigh as I look around. It's too quiet for my liking. The only sound being the clock on the wall, which is starting to annoy me. I'm very tempted to throw something at it or get up and break it, but I know I can't. Well, I can, but I shouldn't.

I sigh and tap my finger on my thigh as I look around for the tv control.

There has to be a control if there's a tv I think to myself

After a while, I finally find it and turn on the tv, only to see that the news is about what happened at the restaurant. Ronnie pops up making me look away. I quickly turn it off as I sigh, closing my eyes. I decide to fall asleep even though I'm not sleepy. The nurse comes in to take the food they brought after Mitch left with my dad and Irene. I barely even touched it, but I'm not hungry. She turns the light off on her way out and closes the door.

I try to lay on my side, but a wave of pain came over and I was reminded that I got shot on my right arm and side. I decide to just lay on my back as I just stare at the ceiling. I remember how worried Mitch got back at the safe house, making me confused.

He actually cares?

I thought he just didn't want me to get hurt cause my dad would kill him. But he seemed genuinely worried. I don't know what happened after I passed out, except for the fact that they brought me to hospital. Oh what I'd pay to see their worried expressions, especially Mitch'. According to Irene, he hasn't been worried for anyone since Katrina, yet he worried about me. Irene made sure to use her sisterly card to talk about that.

*𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭*

Mitch and my dad have left to give Irene and I some privacy.

Weird.

She takes a seat where Mitch previously was as she waits for them to leave and close the door. Once they're gone, she turns to me and sends me a smile as I send her a confused glance.

"You must be wondering why I want to speak to you alone" she says, the smile still apparent.

"Yeah actually" her smile grows as she turns to look at Mitch and my dad through the window. I follow her gaze to see Mitch looking at us as my dad is on the phone. I turn away and look at Irene.

"Mitch was really worried, Em" I sigh and look at me hands as I play with them. She then looks down at my wrist and her eyes widen at the sight.

Shit, not another lecture

⚠️ 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 ⚠️

"Emma Katherine Hurley, what's this!?" she asks, pretty angry, as she carefully takes my left wrist. I sigh as I look at the wall behind her.

"Nothing, okay? Just an accident" at this point everyone knows it's no accident. I just don't want to admit it. She sighs as she starts to unwrap it.

"Accident, huh? Emma, we're not stupid" she tells me, still pretty mad. I bring my bite my lip without answering.

"Stan told me about your therapy sessions, but he never mentioned this" she says as she looks towards my dad, but I keep my gaze on my wrist.