baby steps

3rd person POV:

"Yes, I'll pick you up later after my shoot." New shook his head with a fond grin, before waving goodbye to Tay's billion-watt smile.

"What's that?" Gun asked, popping up from behind him. 

New flinched, before realizing that Gun was referring to the toy in his hand.

"Oh, it's a fidget cube." New explained, raising the white cube in his hands.

"That looks interesting." Gun's eyes went wide with interest, grinning as he held out his palm. 

"Yeah. It's kind of fun to click on the switch, or the buttons." New smiled as he handed the fidget cube over. 

It had five different sides, each with different designs- buttons, rollers, switches, joysticks, and well, even more buttons. 

"Hey, this is a pretty fun way to keep your hands busy." Gun gushed excitedly, fumbling with the switches and buttons.

"Yeah. There are 12-sided fidget cubes too." New smiled, using his phone to google for photos of those.

Gun scooted to his side, looking at his screen with interest. 

New's eyes flicked over to the smaller man, watching him carefully. But he slowly relaxed as Gun distracted him by pointing out different cool designs.

"That galaxy one is pretty!" He beamed, and New found himself nodding.

"Oh, have you heard of the mochi cat toys? The ones you can stick onto your phone." Gun took control over his phone when New shook his head, casually handing the cube back to him.

"This one." Gun said proudly, showing a picture of an adorable squishy cat on the back of a phone.

" Gun said proudly, showing a picture of an adorable squishy cat on the back of a phone

[Tadaa,, it looks something like this ~]

New's eyes went round as he scrolled through the different designs. There were cats, dogs, seals and even polar bears! 

"Are you going to buy it?" Gun grinned as he watched New eye the cat toy with clear interest.

"...Which one should I get?" 

And so, the two spent their break looking through different designs of the stress toy, and the best online platform to purchase it from.

They were so engrossed that they had to be called twice before they scrambled over for their MintMag shoot.

...

"Do you have anything after this?" Gun asked as he placed his bag down.

"I need to pick Tay up later." New answered, taking off his sling bag as well.

"I'm having dinner with Mook. Want to join?" Gun asked nonchalantly.

New stilled.

"...With me?" He asked slowly.