surprise

3rd person POV:

New scratched the back of his elbow nervously, shaking his leg as he sat and waited in front of his phone. 

His heart felt like it was being squeezed with worry and anxiety. New winced when he felt a stinging sensation shoot up his arm, sighing as he rolled his sleeves down in an attempt to stop scratching. But it was just so itchy

He just couldn't sit still. He got up and paced around the room, feeling jittery.

Tay was scheduled to come back to Bangkok this afternoon. The day before, Tay had proudly demanded praise from his Hin, boasting that he was going to get his two kisses because he bought an earlier flight. He would arrive in the morning, around 7am and he asked New not to come to the airport to fetch him, with the watchful eyes of the public a concern.

That was fine. New was working. He had scenes to film and plenty of things to do. 

But the problem came when it was 10am, and there were still no signs of Tay anywhere.

For three whole hours, New had been on edge. The first hour was still fine, New believing that Tay might be busy, or there might've been some delay in his flight. He was slightly distracted, but he was still fine.

The second hour was much harder. It was spent rationalizing why Tay wouldn't pick up his phone. The director yelled at New for messing up his lines one time to many, and deep down he wished that he wasn't given a ten minute break to cool down. Because that ten minutes gave him what felt like ten hours of hell. 

Maybe he didn't board the plane? Maybe he overslept like usual and missed his flight? Or maybe he didn't charge his phone. Maybe he broke it. Yes, that seemed possible with Tay's disaster luck. 

But what if something had happened to him?

What if the plane crashed? What if he met with a car accident on his way to the airport, or on his way from the airport-

The third hour was the absolute worst. New's schedule for filming had ended and he had nothing more to do for the day. He was originally planning to spend it with Tay, but where was he?

New felt his head hurt. His arm too. He was reduced to a quiet ball, curled in front of his phone, waiting anxiously. He checked the news for any updates on possible flight delays or... plane crashes. But nothing. There was nothing at all.

Once every few minutes, he would fidget or get up to walk around, maybe try to do something to take his mind away from worrying about Tay, but he always ended back up on the white sofa in front of his phone, just... waiting.

*ringggg*

New bolted up from the sofa at the sudden noise, scrambling to pick up his phone. He held his breath when he saw the caller ID, then pressing his phone tightly against his ear.

"Ah.. sorry, Hin. I fell asleep-" Tay's warm voice filled his ears and New felt all his worry bubble away, a small smile on his lips as he slumped onto the cool leather couch in relief. 

"..." New remained silent as he started to pout. Now he felt a little stupid for having worried so much, but he was also relieved that that was all. Tay's voice was hoarse and tired, clear proof that he had just woken up. It was a sound that he heard many mornings, if not every. For a moment, New felt like laughing at how much he overthought. 

Tay was fine. 

They were fine. 

But he was still unhappy though, at Tay for making his morning a total mess, but it wasn't like he could be angry at him.