car rides

Tay Tawan's POV:

I frowned as he struggled to loosen his hand from my grip.

"We'll get noticed." He whispered urgently as he finally weasled out of my fingertips. I scowled.

"So?" I retorted. "It's deserted here, hin. There's no one around to notice."

"..." He fell silent as he began to ponder.

As the opportunity presented itself, I took hold of it and led him to Nong Polar. I smiled triumphantly. I loved holding hands with him. I loved the feel of his fingers entwined with mine. I loved the feeling of him being... mine.

We couldn't do it in public due to the nature of our discreet relationship. We had to be lowkey for the sake of our career and... many other reasons. But I've always wanted to hold his in public, a display of affection, a simple act that claimed to the world he was mine, that we were more than mere colleagues, more than just friends and definitely more than best friends.

It was quiet all the way to the car and he didn't struggle anymore. Instead, I felt him squeeze back a little. My heart leapt in joy. Damn it, hin. Why do you have to make my cheeks hurt?

I was a little sad as we reached the car. I felt my heart sink as our fingers parted. It felt cold and empty without his hand in mine. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. It was a brief but fufilling walk. I wished it would be longer, but I quickly regained my smile when I realized we could hold hands in the car as well. This time, it would be discreet and I could hold it without worry.

"So, what do you want to eat?" He asked as he started up the car.

"Hmmm, do you crave anything?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

[A/n: Tay wears his seatbelt wrongly, please do not follow his example.]

"Not really." He answered.

"How about that waffle shop we went to last time?" I asked. Usually, I would scold him for eating desserts but today I just wanted to spoil him.

"It's okay, Te. I know you don't like eating desserts as meals. You don't have to. I want you to eat what you like too." He said earnestly. I felt my heart warm up.

"Tay Tawan offering to eat desserts as brunch." He mused, giggling as he shook his head. I frowned, folding my arms.

"So much for trying to be nice." I scoffed.

"Thank you?" He smirked cheekily, eyes glinting.

My eyes narrowed and I reached out to pinch his squishy cheeks. He laughed.

"Let's get something that we can eat in the car. We'll risk getting spotted otherwise." He said quietly.

"Hmm, okay then. How about we just get MacDonalds?" I suggested. "We can get ice cream too if you want."

He nodded, smiling softly. I beamed.

...

I reached over to connect my phone and search for some music to blast. I realized my phone was still switched off since just now and sighed as I waited for it to switch on.

"Hey, Te?" He suddenly asked, his face falling as he seemed to remember something.

"What?" I asked, feeling a little uneasy.

"...Don't you have work today?" He asked.

"Oh shit." I cursed as at that exact moment, my phone powered on and a torrent of rings and notications flooded my phone. It was filled with many "where are you?"s and "are you okay?"s.