new habits

[Link to instagram video where I stole this screenshot from heheh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGZv_dzAxgO/?igshid=tveoh6iu4eyy ]

3rd person POV:

"Let's get rid of it."

New looked up at him in confusion.

"...how?" He asked quizzically. He was still shaking, badly. Tay squeezed his hands, hard.

"By making new ones." He smiled.

New looked up at him with trembling eyes. His heart was thumping like crazy.

"Shall we try?" Tay asked gently, his raspy voice was warm. So warm.

New lowered his eyes, blinking slowly as he pondered. After a brief moment of silence, he slowly raised his pinky finger.

Tay grinned, nodding his head. He let go of New's hands, and curled his pinky around New's.

A small smile appeared on New's lips as they pressed their thumbs together. Tay caught the tiny curve at the side of his lips and felt his heart flutter.

New raised their hands, like how Tay had before, and planted the softest kiss on the back of his thumb.

...

"How about you try reading books?" Tay suggested.

Tay laid on the lap of a freshly showered New. The two were sprawled on his bed and brainstorming ideas on what New could do while waiting before they fell asleep.

New scrunched his face, shaking his head at the mere thought of reading. He hated reading books.

Tay chuckled, reaching up to pinch New's adorable cheeks. He pouted, swatting Tay's hand away.

"Baking? You like baking." Tay suggested.

"I bake at Bowwiee. I don't have the necessary appliances to bake at home." New shook his head.

"Then cooking? You can learn how to cook. I'll come by after work and then we can eat what you made." Tay tried again.

"...but you end late most days." New mumbled, pouting sadly.

Tay flinched. It was true. He usually got off work closer to midnight now. It wouldn't take New hours to cook supper.

"You can still cook for yourself. Make some pancakes or omlettes. You can do something else when you're done." Tay said, lifting his hand to caress New's chubby cheek.

New nodded.

He didn't really think he could eat extra meals while waiting for Tay, but he didn't want Tay to ask. He didn't want Tay to know or worry about it and when he thought about it, he could just lie to Tay that he had cooked and eaten already and wasn't hungry. He wouldn't have to stuff food into himself, and could eat lesser without raising his suspicions.

"Hmm... something else you could do... how about cleaning?" Tay proposed.

"...I can try that." New nodded.

"You'll never be able to finish cleaning, so I think that would work!" Tay puffed his chest, proud of his amazing suggestion.

"I think I would be able to." New smirked, raising an eyebrow as he taunted Tay.

"C'mon, theres endless things to clean in a house. Sweeping, then mopping then wiping- and that's just the floor!" Tay exclaimed, enlarged eyes expressing the sheer quantity of chores.

New giggled.

"I'm serious, hin. If you really finished cleaning everything else, you can always scrub the bathroom tiles with a toothbrush. If you finish even that, and think you're done, then call me. I'll give you more things to do. I can assure you that you'll never run out of chores." Tay smirked mischievously.