Chapter 8

Tyler P.O.V

The room remained quite. No one moved. After a long silence someone let out a sigh. I looked up and saw Carry shaking her head.

“Thank you for inviting us over for the party last night Tyler-” She looked over at her sister and then back to me. “I may be young and just beginning to understand love, but I know true love when I see it and what I saw between you and Tavon was true love. He was your soul mate. You need to get him back by any means necessary and this time Chase please don’t mess it up.” She walked over to her sister and stood in front of her. Carry went to say something, but in that moment Aqua broke down and clung to her sister with violent sobs.

I watched knowing and feeling the same pain she was. I watched as Carry, Tasha, Melissa, Lisa, and Jasmine helped Aqua out the house. The only ones left were me, Chase, Christy, Ashley, and Akashi. Ashley and Akashi looked at each other before leaving the room.

I sighed and walked over to the couch and sat down on it tiredly. Christy came over and stood in front of me. I opened my arms and she sat in my lap. I nuzzled her neck pulling her close. When the couch dipped next to us I glanced over and looked at Chase strained face and sighed.

 “Tyler I didn’t know he was going to be like that when he got his memory back.” I shook my head pulling Christy closer as Tavon’s words played over and over in your head. To hear the one you love say they hate you because they love you tends to bring a person down.

“Both of you are still dumbasses.” I sighed.

 “Please Christy don’t.” She pushed my arms away from her and stood up. She glared down at me and Chase.

 “I wish the two of you didn’t. Hell I wish Aqua didn’t. Tyler I don’t think you understand just how deep Tavon love goes. He loved you ever since you were young Tyler and I do mean young. Well way before you could even spell the word. He stayed by your side. He left those five years because he was pissed you didn’t go to him and tell him something that as his best friend you should have told, and he’s pissed now because you didn’t go to him as his lover and work through your problems. Instead you ran to Casanova over here and now all four of you are going to be walking around with dead looks and quite frankly I refuse to be around any of you.” She shook her head at us.

“You need to get your shit together Tyler, grow some balls, and get him back. Chase I understand you love Tyler, I do, but you need to step back and let him go. He’s not the only one out there. No one replaces your first love, but you can’t keep clinging to him. As far as Aqua goes, you need to forgive her.” I went to say something but she held her hand up. “I don’t want to hear it Tyler. You need to forgive her, you need to forgive yourself, you need to forget him, and you need to beg for forgiveness. Tyler I love you sweetie, I love you Chase, and I love Aqua. Surprisingly I’ve come to love Tavon as well and I can’t stand to see the four of you like this.  Now get your ass up and start making things right.”

She turned and walked out the room. I stayed sitting letting the truth of her words flow in my mind. She and Carry was right. I looked over at Chase and saw him deep in thought. I sighed and left leaving him to it, and went outside. All the girls were standing around Aqua who stood there crying and shaking. I made my way to them. Christy looked at me with a smile on her face. The other saw it and looked at me. They moved away when I walked towards Aqua.

She looked up at me with a pleading lost and hurt look. I reached for her hands. She allowed me to take them, but looked at me curiously. I went to say something, but stopped and instead pulled her to me. She instantly melted in my touch and cried harder. I closed my eyes and caressed her hair allowing her to cry to her heart’s content.It didn’t take long before she began to calm down and all that was left was an occasional sniffle. I pulled away from her then and wiped her face smiling at her.