Chapter 1

Tavon P.O.V

I watched as he walked out the room. He looked upset and hurt but I didn’t understand why he would. The doctor stepped back in the room closing the door. “Can you please tell me why I’m in the hospital?” She put her hands in her pockets with a slight frown on her face.

 “You were in a car accident six months ago in Paris.” I frowned. I was in a car accident. I guess that would make sense, but I didn’t remember it. Hell to make it worse I don’t know why I was in Paris. The doctor searched my face and sighed. “You don’t remember being in Paris do you.” I hesitated honestly trying to remember, but the only thing I got was a massive head ache. I groaned and lay back squeezing my eyes closed.

“Are you alright Tavon?” I waited before I opened my eyes slowly.

 “Yes I’m…I’m fine it’s just a head ache.” She leaned back and sighed.

“So it’s true.” I raised my eyebrow at her.

“What’s true exactly?”

 “You have a special case of selective amnesia. It basically means that everything that led up to the car accident you’ve forgotten about. Whatever thoughts were going through your mind, whoever you were thinking about, all of those things you now don’t remember.” I sat up slowly and sighed.

If my mind didn’t want to remember, did I really want to force it to remember? I frowned and thought about that man who was here. Maybe I knew him and just didn’t remember. Now that I think back I can’t remember most of my child hood. My head started to hurt again and I put my fingers to my temple trying to massage it away.

“What about these damn headaches? Will they go away?” When I got no answer I looked up at the doctor and she was staring at me intently. I sighed. “Is it that bad?” She shook her head slowly.

“It’s not bad per say. It’s just the more you try to remember the more you will have a headache. You got a concussion from the accident. To be honest with you I’m surprised you can remember anything.” I closed my eyes again.

“Let me get this right. The more I try to remember the more ill catch headaches. So basically it’s a choice between if I truly want to remember to if I should just let things be as they are.”

 “That sound about right.”

 “Say I want to remember how can I do it?”

“There’s no real way to do it, but there are things that will trigger your memory on its own.” I opened my eyes to look at her.

“Things like what?”

“The more you hang around someone associated with your memories the more they will begin to resurface. Some memories may come back quickly some may not come back at all. It all depends on if your mind really wants to remember.” I sighed. I didn’t want to not know anything about those memories. Honestly I felt like I was missing something.

I put my hand to my chest and frowned. For some odd reason it hurt. Not like I was having chest pains more like…heart break. I looked to the door frowning harder. That man must be connected to my memories. He honestly looked hurt when I said I didn’t know him.

 “Hey doctor who was that man that was here?” When I looked at her she had an unsure look on her face. At the rate I was sighing I’m sure my soul was close to just flying out my mouth. “I’m a go out on a limb here and say he could possibly be one of those people that are connected to my memories.” She shrugged not really giving me an answer.

I rubbed my temples again. “Alright I want to remember, but is there any way I can ease these headaches. I feel like my brain cells are dying painfully slow.” She chuckled.