Chapter 8

Steve had to make it back to DC before the morning came. The morning came and Sam went for a run as Willa just watched cartoons like a child. She couldnt sleep and all she wanted was to know Steve was okay.

Once Sam got back it wasnt long that there was a knock at his door.

"Go to the room just in case." Sam says to Willa.

Willa went to the room and Sam went over to the door to revile both Steve and Natasha outside.

"Hey man." Sam says opening the door.

" Sam says opening the door

"Im sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve says.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat says.

"Not everyone." Sam says letting them in.

"Oh and Willa is in the last room on the left." Sam says.

"Thanks." Steve says.

Nat went to get cleaned up first as Steve went over the room where Willa was.

"Willa? Its..." Steve says.

The door quickly opened and Willa hugged him.

"Are you okay Doll? I am so sorry I left like that." Steve says.

"Its okay. You had to. But are you okay?" Willa asks.

"Yeah. I..." Steve says.

"Hey Rogers bathrooms all yours." Nat says.

"Go get cleaned up and we'll talk." Willa says to him.

Steve nodded at her and went to get cleaned up. Willa though staid and talked with Nat trying to learn what happened. Nat told Willa about how HYDRA still existed causing Steve to look over at them in the other room.

 Nat told Willa about how HYDRA still existed causing Steve to look over at them in the other room

Nat though was alittle shaken about what had happened and you could tell she was upset.

"You okay?" Steve asks.

"Yeah." Nat says quietly.

"You dont sound okay." Willa says to her.

Steve made his way over to them and sat down across from them.

"Whats going on?" Steve asks.

"You know you can tell us anything." Willa says.

Nat looked at them both and took a deep breath before she spoke.

"When I first join SHIELD I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I cant tell the difference anymore." Nat says.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Steve says.

"I owe you." Nat says.

"Its okay." Steve says shaking his head.

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, now you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" Nat asks.

"I would now and Im always honest."Steve says.

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing." Nat says.

"Well, guess I just like to know who Im fighting." Steve says.

"I made breakfast. If you guys eat that sort of thing." Sam says to them.

They left the room and went into the dining room discussing everything.

"The question is who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat asks.

"Its pretty obvious who Nat." Willa says.

"Pierce." Steve says.

"Well yeah. I told Nick he was sketchy." Willa says.

"And he just so happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat says.

"But he not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve says.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat says.

"Another sketchy man. Someone who took much of an interest in me and now I think I know why." Willa says.

"Hey I wont let anything happen to you. I promise you Willa your safe as long as Im here. Now the real question is how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve questions.

"The answer is, you dont." Sam says walking over to them.

"Whats this?" Steve asks when Sam placed a folder down.

"Call it a resume." Sam says.

Sam's resume was a photo of him and his old partner from when he was a Pararescue. He then handed them a file about what he used.

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve says.

"I never said pilot." Sam says.

"I cant ask you to do this Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve says.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam says.

"Well where do we get one of these?" Steve asks.

Sam answered by telling them just where the last one was and Willa knew what that meant for her.

"Okay. Well, I guess I'll see you three when its over then." Willa says.

"What? Where are you going?" Nat asks.

"Well.. I assume you guys dont need or want my help." Willa says.

"I didnt hear anyone say that." Sam says.

"Willa I need... We need your help." Steve says.

"So your not benching me?" Willa asks him.

"Cause the last time something went wrong my dad kind of benched me. So I just thought..." Willa says.

"Well your not benched. You have powers that we dont have. We need that." Nat says.

"She's right. We need the Wondrous Willow." Steve says.

Willa smiled at him. He was letting her come and letting her help. And that meant he sees the true hero in her after all.