Prologue

{°•Jisung POV•°}

Jisung let out a half hearted sigh, still no damn food in this stupid district. He was hungry, but he wasn't focused on his hunger, more so on his family's hunger.

A while back a virus broke out in district 9 and because his family were too broke to afford multiple vaccines for it, everyone but Jisung agreed to use the only money they had on a vaccine for him while the rest were slowly crippling away.

Not only were they sick but now he let them down and they couldn't eat. Fuck. Begging is harder than it looks and finding things to sell is even harder. Jisung sucked at hunting so it's not like he could do that.

He guessed everyone had to starve as much as he hated thinking about it.

A voice broke him away from his thoughts

"Hey"

Jisung froze upon hearing the holder of the voice. Because of how much times he'd walked out of his house and talked to people in hopes of getting something, he already knew who the voice belonged to.

Not that he needed to walk far to know his boyfriend's voice. The happiness bubbled up inside of him, ever since the virus broke out, Minho lost contact with him and didn't leave the house because he didn't want to risk getting the virus.

"Minho!" Jisung shouted in a sing-songy tone, with a smile, turning around to hug him. "I missed you so much" he cried out

"I missed you too Sungie" Minho proclaimed. Stupidly, without thinking, they smashed their lips together.

The euphoric feeling was short lived.

Shit

We're in public

- 2 Years Later -

Sweat dripped down his forehead as he sat down, his mentor, Youngjo, smiling in a satisfaction.

"Well done Jisung, you did really well, now get some rest, the reaping is tomorrow and you already know the drill" Youngjo spoke, giving Jisung a sympathetic look.

This wasn't fair though, he got sent away to train in the capitol for being in love with a man and was going to be chucked in the games now. He just wanted to love the man he wanted back so desperately.

And his family, oh how he missed them, he'll never forget Minho promising to take care of them to the best of his ability with teary eyes.

"Thank's Youngjo..." He mumbled, trying to push away his thoughts to the back of his head, he wasn't scared, no, he was damn right terrified, not only was he going to have to kill to survive, but he had to not get too upset when the other person in his district gets announced.

He didn't know who it would be and neither did anyone.

Youngjo had already taken Jisung back to district 9 but had made sure to keep him hidden from prying eyes.

Jisung headed off to bed, negative thoughts plagued his mind

Who on earth would be in the games this year?