V

I scanned the crowd to see their reactions. Some looked disgusted, others looked shocked, some not fased, and others just didn't care.

The interviewer quirked an eyebrow in curiosity "So, your boyfriend is in the games too?"

"Yeah, what about it? Gonna call me slurs like the rest of the district?" Jisung spat back, he was clearly still mad.

The interviewer shook his head, he honestly looked quite scared of Jisung

I heard a few shouts of "Fag" or "faggot" from the crowd, but it didn't seem to phase Jisung. He just answered the rest of the questions the interviewer asked him.

Next was Minho and I heard the same slurs being thrown at him too, he seemed more upset about it than Jisung, but still didn't react to it.

He sat down and let the interviewer ask him questions, after a few he asked "So, what are you going to do if it's just you and Jisung remaining?" He asked, curiously.

Minho's face fell and a frown spread on his lips.

"....I.. never really thought of that" he paused, he was definitely trying to hide the fact he was pretty much about to let salty, glistening tears trickle down his cheeks.

Minho looked at the interviewer to see if he wanted more and he showed neither encouragement or discouragement, so Minho continued

"He means a lot to me, and I really wish homophobes would realise just because we're gay doesn't mean we're any different from anyone else in society" a loud sigh escaped his lips and the interviewer continued.

Jongho was next and he looked as cocky as ever, though, I have to admit, his outfit looked pretty damn cool. As soon as Minho went back stage he flung himself into Jisung's arms and cried. I didn't dare say anything to either of them as I watched Jongho get interviewed.

Though, to be honest, I did only hear him mention something about "ruining everyone's plans in the games, even if it means death outside of the games occured" which seemed a bit psychopathic to me. But I digress, next was Seonghwa, he never dare revealed which weapon he was best at, though, Seungmin, Minho, Jisung and I already knew it was the deadly spear.

He said how he's had past experience with this "weapon" and he was good. He also said that he would strike when people were most vulnerable. Again, pretty sociopathic, but then again, this is a literal life or death matter, it shouldn't be taken as a simple death threat by a young child you accidentally bumped into in the district.

After Seonghwa, it was Yunho, the poor guy looked close to tears, quite like Jeongin had earlier. He answered every single question he was asked with a shaky voice and a sweaty forehead, any person could tell how nervous he was at this moment in time, and could we blame him?

No.

Absolutely not. After knowing what hell the games are going to put us through. After knowing what trauma the games are going to give us. After knowing we'll have blood on our hands if we win. After knowing there's only one person that will go back to see their families and you could be the person that could possibly stops someone from going back to their waiting family. After knowing you'll put that family through great grief. After knowing that... You'll... Never... Be... Innocent...

We're all so damn young... This isn't fair.

It's really not fair.

At all.

I really wish this was all just a twisted nightmare that just seems to be real. I didn't want to believe everything that was happening and never did want to. But it was surely real... It felt real... You could feel the emotional auras radiating off every single person that had been chosen for the death dealing games. You could feel the tension rise and fall as the clock hands glided around the clock like a figure skater an ice rink.

My mind filled with negative thoughts the more and more I thought about the games.

I snapped out of it quickly when I heard Seungmin's name being called through the speakers after Eric had his interview done.

Seungmin didn't look much better than Yunho and Jeongin did, but it scared me, because I didn't want him to be seen as an easy target, and I'm sure Jaebeom is taking notes on who the easier targets are and go for them. I shift my weight to the other foot and I examine the interview closely, taking in every word that left the younger's mouth. My eyes were glued to him.

"Well, Seungmin, how are you feeling about your current situation?" The interviewer asked, to which Seungmin sighed

"I really don't want to be here," he let out a bitter laugh "though, I'm sure nobody wants to, so I don't see the point in grumbling about it." He paused and looked at the interviewer, who was nodding slowly to sign he was listening to what Seungmin had to say.

"How far do you think you'll get?" He then asked, Seungmin shifted in his seat.

"I'm honestly not sure... I want to win, but because everyone else does, you can never be so sure who would put more into the games than others" he said, keeping his voice levelled out.

Had his body language said otherwise, I would be convinced he wasn't terrified, I hope he keeps the act up, however, because if he doesn't, people Jaebeom or Bambam will be up his ass and I honestly don't want to see him go. I don't know where I got this attachment from, but my heart aches at the thought of losing him, especially because of how his parents reacted to him being called, I could still remember very well the way his parents called "No, not my baby!" and it tugged at my heart like a kid would with their new horse toy's mane.

The way his parents called.

The way he cried.

He loved them so much.

I couldn't take that away from him.

I really needed to protect him,

Even if it does cost my life... Or more