14

It took a lot of convincing and begging on my end, and it was sealed with a promise that if she found it too hard to be away from the twin terrors, I would drive her straight home

It took a lot of convincing and begging on my end, and it was sealed with a promise that if she found it too hard to be away from the twin terrors, I would drive her straight home. However, after a while I managed to talk Betty into leaving the twins with Polly and going out on the town.

I hoped I could convince her to stay with me the entire time, and I had a nice evening planned for us both. I made reservations at a nice Italian place, knowing it was Bettys favourite. I booked a suite for us at the five seasons, and I was determined to take her out dancing. She had always been my dance partner, even when we were children. It was inherently us, and I wanted to be us again, to remember life before, and merge it into our beautiful, perfect life with our kids now.

I was loading our bag into the car while Betty finished up getting ready. She had actually been finished getting ready a half an hour ago, however she fibbed to me, telling me she wasn't ready yet. She was just trying to squeeze in extra time with the twins, and I couldn't blame her for that. I was lucky enough to convince her to come tonight.

I walked back up the stairs to our house and walked in, going straight to the living room where I found my girlfriend and her sister on the floor, cooing at my children who were staring up at them from their bouncy chairs. They didn't notice me as I walked in, but that didn't matter. My kids were adorable, it's not like I could blame them. I crouched down beside the women and leaned in to kiss both Cora and Cooper on their foreheads.

"You ready to go?" I ask Betty once I pulled back, she smiles at me and nods.

"You sure you're okay with this, Poll?" She asks her sister for the millionth time of the night.

"I'm fine, Betty. Go enjoy some quality time with your man."

"Thanks, sis." She says, and takes my hands so I can help her up. "Remember, call me if -"

"I need anything, or anything happens, or the kids sneeze funny, okay, I get it, get the hell out." Polly laughs.

"We owe you one." I tell her as I start leading Betty towards the door.

"You owe me two!" She laughs, patting her still flat belly.

"You got it." I say.

I lead Betty to the car and help her into the passenger seat before walking to my side. I get in and start the car.

"Hey, Jug?" She says, her voice soft. I look at her. "Did you say you got reservations tonight?"

"I did." I say. "Why do you ask?"

"Can we do something... different?" She asks, a blush coloring her face, "I mean I don't want you to think I don't appreciate it but theres some place I'd like to go... with you.. before we go back to the five seasons?"

"This night is about you, Betty." I tell her, reaching across to rest my hand on her leg. "Whatever you want, okay? You name it."

"In that case, how about some ice cream?" She grins.