06

Six weeks until my due date

Six weeks until my due date. A month and a half until my daughter was supposed to be born. So, I'm sure you can imagine my surprise, and terror, when my water broke at six thirty in the morning, whilst I was cuddled up to Jughead.

The gush had woken me up, and I sat up, placing my hand on my stomach. I had had contractions the entire night before this, but I thought it was Braxton Hicks, false contractions. I reached over and grabbed Jughead shoulder, beginning to shake him.

"Not now." He hummed, "I'm sleeping."

"Jughead.." I whispered. He didn't answer me. "Forsythe!" He groaned, but still didn't open his eyes. "My water broke!"

His eyes flew open and he sat up so quickly he fell off the side of his bed, banging his head off the nightstand.

"Shit!" He yelled, standing up with his hand on the back of his head. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Pretty sure," I said, standing up from the now soaked bed. While it wasn't as intense, my waters were still coming out of me slowly, and I experienced another contraction. "I'm contracting." I told him.

"How far apart?" He asked. I shrugged.

"This is the first one since I woke up, but I can talk through them which is a good sign. Dr. Sweet said I need to be worried when I can no longer talk through the pain." I told him. He nodded.

"Let's get dressed then, okay?" He asked. I nodded.

Fuck, this was way too soon. She had over a month before she was due. I hope she was going to be okay.

The fear of the situation was making me cold all over. I quickly got dressed in my sweats and one of Jugheads sweaters. I walked out and Jug was already dressed, grabbing our already packed hospital bags.

"Do we have everything?" I asked.

"I think so," he murmured, "if not we can have Veronica and Archie grab it, alright?"

"Okay." I said. Speaking of our friends, I quickly type out a message letting them know it was baby time. I knew they weren't going to get it until they woke up.

We drove to the hospital, Jughead saying encouraging words that everything was going to be okay and our daughter healthy. I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or himself.

When we got there, we were immediately brought into a room, and I was told to change into a hospital gown. The doctor checked my dilation, I was seven centimeters dilated. Which meant only three more to go until it was baby time.

I managed to sleep for a while in the hospital bed, but it felt pretty short lived as an hour later I woke up with intense pain.

"Jug!" I gasped, grabbing his hand that was resting on the side of my bed. He lifted his head tiredly, and seen the pain written on my face. I couldn't get any words out, and he could tell. He quickly hit the call button on the side of my bed and our doctor walked in not long after.