08

I placed Cooper into his bassinet, and turned around to see Jughead walking toward me with a sleeping Cora, ready to place her in her bassinet next to her brothers

I placed Cooper into his bassinet, and turned around to see Jughead walking toward me with a sleeping Cora, ready to place her in her bassinet next to her brothers. He placed a gentle kiss to the top of her head before placing her down. She cooed softly in her sleep and wiggled around for a moment before settling back down, her hands resting by her head as she settles back into her slumber.

Jugheads arm snaked around my hips and his chin rested on my shoulder as we stared down at our kids. He tilted his head to place his lips over my ear. "What should we do now?" He whispered.

I smiled and turned in his arms, pressing against him and nudging him backwards toward the door. We exited together and I quietly closed the door behind us, and then walked to the living room, checking on the video monitors to be sure they were on. "Betty?" Jug said, calling my attention.

"Hmm?" I murmured, turning to face him.

"What should we do?" He asked again. The twins were a month old, and we had so far been lucky in the sense that both our children slept right through the night.

"We could have a little at home date night," I suggested. He raised his eyebrow, and I looked around the living room. "We have an air mattress, why not set up a little camp out here in the living room, and watch a movie and eat snacks?"

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms tightly around me. "Pajamas, cuddles..." He trailed off as if thinking for a moment, "what the hell are we waiting for?" He dipped his head down and kissed my lips before stepping away. "You go get the blankets and pillows, and I'll get the air mattress and pump it up."

"Okay." I chirped cheerfully, patting his chest with my hands before walking around him and heading toward the stairs. I went to our shared bedroom and grabbed our blanket and pillows, on the way back down I stopped at the closet to grab another blanket, this one being a fluffy one.

I got back downstairs and put the stuff on the chair before sitting and watching Jug as he pumped up the air mattress. His muscles flexed and moved under his skin, and I watched in awe. My eyes travelled to his face as he concentrated.

We have been best friends for years, how have I never noticed how beautiful he was? So handsome. His deep sea blue eyes, his plump, perfect lips, his jaw, his soft to the touch raven hair, with the curl that hung out of the beanie he wore constantly. I stood up once he was done, and he came over to help me get the blankets.

We made the bed up together and then he clasped my hand. "Let's go get dressed, gorgeous." He said as he pulled me back toward the stairs. We weren't long getting ready. I wore some pajama shorts and one of Jugheads shirts. Jughead wore blue pajama pants, the same color as his eyes, and a tank.

I barely had a chance to close the dresser before Jughead scooped me up into his arms, cradling me like I was one of our babies. He walked down the stairs and to the kitchen, placing me on the counter. "Food." I groaned happily.