16

A/N ; just a short little chapter as I'm still trying to find my groove. A bit of smut, because I'm a devil. Some sister love. A harsh parenting moment. Some self doubt, and some fluff at the end. It will get better soon, I hope, but there will probably not be many more chapters until I bring this story to an end. I'm sorry if this isn't the best chapter.

I was the first one awake in the morning

I was the first one awake in the morning. After hauling myself away from Jug and getting dressed, the first stop I made was Polly's room. I poked my head in the room, to see all three of them still sleeping. I quietly close the door again and go to make myself a tea, then I take the steaming cup up the stairs and out onto the balcony, over looking the river. I lean on the railing, cradling the mug in my hands, and closing my eyes as the morning breeze flows through my hair.

I think about Jughead and my conversation last night, feeling like he left something out. There's a piece missing, and I don't think he's keeping it from me to hurt me. I just don't know what to think. A new fear anchored itself in my heart last night.. the fear of Jughead leaving me. He was so close to doing so less than ten hours ago.

I don't think I actually considered it before, him leaving. I guess I just didn't picture it. Everything we went through, through our childhoods, our teen years, our friendship, our pregnancy, the start of our relationship. It was so rocky, but since we found our way to each other it's been good, amazing even. If there are bad times to come, I hope to God it doesn't end badly.

I can't imagine my life not being with him. I loved him more than I ever thought I could love another person.  He was every bit what I needed and wanted, and the fact that the sex is phenomenal is definitely a plus. I laugh at this, and swipe the single tear I hadn't noticed had fallen over my cheek.

"What's funny?" I hear from behind me, and turn my head to see Jughead.

"Our sex life." I tell him matter of factly.

"Jesus." He says, approaching me and placing a hand on my lower back. "Am I that bad?"

"Best I've ever had." I tell him, tilting my head to smile at him.

"Yeah?" He says, turning to me and tugging me towards him. I place my mug on the rail and wrap my arms around his shoulders. I nod. His hands cup my cheeks as he tilts my head up, his lips descend on mine, and a shiver runs through my spine. "Are you okay?" He asks when he pulls back to let me breath.

"Are you?" I counter.

"You think I didn't notice that you were crying before I came out here?" He asks, sliding his hands to my hips. I roll my eyes.

"I wasn't crying." I tell him.

"What caused it?" He presses on, not buying it. I sigh and look down.

"I guess.. there's just a bit of doubt." I tell him.

"Doubt about what?" He asks.

"When you spoke about leaving me last night, it planted something inside of me. It's like a hole was cut in my hard and this awful feeling was planted." I tell him. "I don't want to talk about this, but I want to be honest with you."