15

A/N ; this chapter sucks because it was the first time I wrote in months and I'm just starting to refind my groove. Smut warning later in the chapter. Not the best smut I've ever written, but it is what it is lmao

 Not the best smut I've ever written, but it is what it is lmao

_______
  Jughead

3 A.M. Betty is sleeping, curled up in the sheets on our bed, the soft glow from the streetlights illuminating her snoozing form. Me, however, I was not sleeping at all. For the fourth night in a row I'm simply sitting at the window in our bedroom, watching the street below. After the break in, we moved the kids back in our bedroom and we have kept our bedroom door locked. That simply wasn't enough. I didn't want to close my eyes for a second, because that's all it took for me to lose everything.

"Jug?" I heard her soft voice from our bed. I look over at her as she stretches out. She turns her head and looks at the alarm clock, and then she sits up. I look back out the window. I hear her sigh and then stand. Suddenly, she's there. Her arms wrapped securely around my chest, her cheek resting on top of my head.

I grasp one of her hands in mine and raise it to my mouth, pressing a kiss to her palm. God, I love her.

"Juggie.." she mumbles, squeezing me tighter. "I'm worried."

"You don't have to be, I'll make sure no one touches either of you." I promise her. She releases me for a moment and steps around to the front of my chair, sitting on my lap.

"I'm worried about you." She says. "You can't keep going like this, you're going to burn yourself out."

"I'm okay." I tell her, leaning my head down to rest my forehead on her shoulder.

"Come to bed." She says, dragging her fingers through my hair. I shake my head slowly.  "Come to bed." She repeats.

"I can't, Betty." I tell her.

"Fine." She says, pulling back. She stands up, and walks away. I expect her to go back to bed, but she doesn't. She walks out of the bedroom. I go back on alert, and stay that while for a while before I hear a couple thumps from the hallway. I stand up and make my way over to the noise and see Betty zipping up one of three bags she has on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"You don't want to sleep because of the ghoulies, so, tomorrow, we are packing up the car and we are going on a trip." She says without looking at me.

"We can't do that." I tell her.

"No, what we can't do is keep living like this. You're a zombie during the day and a guard at night." She says, standing up and walking over to me. "The twins need their dad, and I need you. I miss you."

"I haven't gone anywhere."

"Maybe not physically." Her eyes skirt down to my chest, avoiding eye contact. "I know you're scared, I am too. But I miss you. I need you."