09

Jughead - pov

Jughead - pov

Betty and I had gathered all of our things out of the living room and made our bed back up, deciding because Polly was here we should do our campout another night. I came in the bedroom after brushing my teeth to find my girlfriend getting situated in bed.

I knew there was something wrong. She had something on her mind. I could tell earlier when we were talking to Polly at the table. I walked over to the bed, and pulled the blanket down to climb inside. As soon as I lay back, Betty was in my arms. She rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Jughead," she spoke softly, and I knew she was about to tell me whatever was on her mind.

"Yes, Betty?" I said, pulling her closer to me and pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"I'm a little nervous about you going to Chucks tomorrow." She tells me, "I don't want you to get yourself into trouble."

I put my finger under her chin and tilt her head up so I'm looking into her green eyes, filled with the fear she was feeling. I sighed and shook my head. "Don't worry about me, Betty."

"The twins and I need you, Jug." She continues. "I know you. I know how protective you are, I've witnessed you snap when someone spoke in the wrong way to me, and I dread to think of how angry you'll be when you see Chuck tomorrow and remember that crap he said to Polly."

"Well, for starters, while I am protective and don't think a woman should be spoken to in that way, I'm not as protective of anyone minus our children, that I am of you." I admit, smirking down at her. "You've always been my girl, cooper. Even when neither of us knew it. Only people hurting you can trigger the deepest darkest parts of me. Well, now our children as well."

"Still." She says, despite the small smile on her face.

"How about this?" I say, moving her so she's laying on her back and I'm hovering over her. "I'll call Archie to come with me, and vow to you that I won't rock Chucks fucking jaw."

She giggles and nods once. "Fine, but I'm holding you to it." She says, her hand going to my neck and pulling my head down so she can connect our lips.

**

"Come on, dumbass." I called from the sidewalk, hands in my jacket as I looked back at the passenger side of my car, where Archie was still sitting. We were in front of Chucks house.

"You promised Betty no hands would be thrown today." He says through the open window. "If I go in there with you I can't guarantee I won't knock a couple of his teeth out."