01. too loud; so quiet

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ, you could hear everything. And when you stood on new floors with an invisibly bloodstained, gentle hand on your back, facing a room full of young strangers. As usual, the only thing you couldn't hear was your own thoughts.

You stood in a different uniform, this one all white. A white collared shirt that covered the scars, a white skirt, and white socks. Lastly, the only non-white thing on you was your shoes. Except, unlike the others standing in front of your small 5-year-old frame, your shoes were not earthly beige. Your boots are black, a stark black color that stood out in the sea of regular beige boots.

Your boots were black.

Mama's are also the same brown as the rest of them.

And your's were black, so, you had to be special.

That's what Norman, Emma, and Ray thought when they saw you in front of Mama, you with their uniform and your black boots, you with a code on your neck like theirs that read: 11294.

Ray didn't miss the fact that you did not have a suitcase.

"Today we have a new arrival!", Isabella exclaimed happily, as she pushed you towards her children.

Emma raised her hand and tilted her head, "How come she looks like our age? I thought we only get babies??" The children around her nodded in agreement.

Norman noticed how you stared at the ground, fiddled with your fingers, and shifted your shiny black boots. Were you nervous?

Mama gave a honey-like smile to her Emma and said, "That's because Y/N's foster parents wanted her to be here."

Ray didn't miss the fact that when Mother moved her hand from the small of your back to your shoulder, rubbing it gently, your body went perfectly still.

'So they didn't want her?'

'How tragic!'

'We'll love her even though her foster parents might not have!"

You heard everything. Even things others and yourself didn't want to hear. 

Isabella crouched down and gave you a motherly closed eye smile, her hand behind you again, tugging your shirt, "Why don't you play a little with the other 5-year-olds Y/N, before you have to go into testing."

'You better not say anything and behave.'

You heard her the loudest out of all of the voices in the room, and you lifted your eyes to Isabella's.

'I know you can hear me. Now nod if you understand.'

You gave her a nod and followed the children outside. As you walked you lightly tugged at your h/c hair. When you stepped into the sun you were almost blinded by the sun. You covered your eyes and spotted a nice shady tree to sit under.

"Now, Y/N. We are taking you from here to Grace Feild Farm. It is a premium farm with one of the best Mothers around. It's for the sake of your brain development that you will be there for a while, understood?"

You didn't understand why you were brought here, and why you had to live with these children. But you knew that if you didn't, they would hurt Big Brother. You knew that if you spouted anything about the truth, the next thing you would have to face would be his mutilated corpse.

And that is something you never wanted to see.

So that is why you would lie, and you would be naive, and you would behave. So that you could eventually see him again, and when you did he will be alive.