03. how naive; why so scared

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

ᴅᴀʏꜱ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋꜱ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ, a month of you being at Grace Field without much incident. 

Norman occasionally had the same weird dreams, and each time he did the same things he did the first time he had the dream. He walked along the brick wall, and then to the other side of the wildflower field, eyeing the ladder and looking over the edge into the dark, dark blackness beyond it. When Norman was finished looking into the abyss the same dark wood table was there, with stacks of books about how the human mind works.

He was learning a lot during the times he was reading. Norman noticed how if he finished a book, a new one would appear, if he left off on a certain page then it would have a bookmark on it the next time he had the dream.

Norman couldn't figure out what was happening. 

He figured it wasn't bad.

You, on the other hand, knew what was going on. You were very curious about the fact that Norman wasn't talking about his 'dreams' to the others because you knew that he thought about it often.

Along with being his mindscape when you went to sleep occasionally, for some reason you could feel him. You always heard the others, but you could feel what was going on with him at all times. You could feel whenever he smiled, whenever he laughed. Instead of just hearing him, you now felt his emotions, his thoughts, his concerns.

You figured it wasn't bad.

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

During that month, you got much closer to Norman. Mostly because Emma was too loud for you, with and without your noise-canceling headphones, and Ray scared you a little. Your head would hurt a little because of how much Ray had stored in his, it was too much for you to handle. Well, that wasn't the only reason, you were also scared of hurting him... and Emma.

You didn't feel the need to be cautious and distance yourself from Norman because for some reason the curse inside you never wanted to hurt him, you felt yourself have a need to protect him, to make sure he was alright.

You knew that Norman respected your quiet time the most out of the three, and being the least impulsive out of the trio, you knew he wouldn't trigger you to get angry and lose control.

Norman also enjoys that you like to be around him, whenever you were around he felt a strange sense of calm, he would be relaxed because he felt protected. There were moments when Norman was feeling a certain emotion that he didn't recognize, it was almost like magnetism. Norman guessed it was because you also respected that Norman needed quiet sometimes.

The white-haired boy also did feel a want to protect you. You were so quiet all the time, and it didn't take long for him to figure out that loudness made you upset and uncomfortable. (No matter how hard you tried to hide it.) Norman always made sure to talk in a soft voice around you, so as not to irritate your hearing.