11. secret; for now

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

ɪꜰ ᴏɴʟʏ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀɴ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ, if only Norman had the power, the will, to leave the things you hide alone. To let the skeletons in your closet be, let the bones decompose and disappear.

But he does not, because his curious mind is stronger than his willpower. 

Norman prays this will not mess things up with you, everything is fine for now but because of the oddity that is you: you who turns tables faster than anything... everything might not be fine after.

So far everything is fine

As Norman, Emma, and Ray stand before you, everything is fine, for now, as none of you have uttered a word.

Though no one has said a thing, y already know what is about to happen, as when external noise is relatively silent, hearing their thoughts is much easier than normal.

"Y/N....", Emma starts, fiddling with her fingers.

Ray watches you closely, keeping a close eye on your mannerisms to check if you are lying. But for now, you seem fine. If anything, you seem to be daydreaming.

You are not daydreaming, you are listening to their minds, bustling with questions and questions, and who? What? Where? Why? How?

"Uh. Y/N did you just hear anything I said?", Emma quizzed.

You blink, your head is tilted up, now watching the passing clouds. You look at her and shrug, "Eh... No. Not really."

Emma sighs, "Well, what I said basically is that the three of us have questions."

'I'm hungry....', you think, plopping to the ground and sitting in a criss-cross position, putting your hands behind you and continuing to watch the clouds move.

"Oh," is all you respond with.

For some reason, today you feel especially burnout. Everyone's thoughts feel louder than usual and all the sounds feel especially more overwhelming. Your noise-canceling headphones are at the house, you don't use them as often as you used to, but there were times where you definitely still need them.

"Y/N can you pay attention please?", Norman asks gently.

You rub the side of your head, your temple, 'Why do I feel like my head is going to roll off?' It's an odd feeling, not a painful one, but... imagine a hot air balloon: the high-intensity fire going and going and going, for the balloon to eventually and slowly lift off the ground and rise into the highest part of the sky.

Yes... you feel as if your own mind and ears are so fired up and overwhelmed that your head might just get lost in all the noise and float away.

You look up at the three, well, no longer up, as they all sit around you now, observing you.

"Uhm... Yeah. Sorry. What questions?"

Ray says something, and you think about all the moments where something could have happened to make you feel as woozy as you do. 'Nothing really yesterday night... nothing in the morning... maybe it's an onset of a headache I'm going to get soon?'