s e v e n

PIPER

"I love you," Pansy says as she hugs me.

"I love you too," I say back.

She holds me tight before I get into the car, I hug Pierce for another minute. My mother and father lean in for a hug but I get into the car before they can reach me. I sit down in the back beside Theo, the car takes off and I can hear everyone applaud.

I pour myself a drink into the glass cups and drink it in one sip, I pour myself another and drink that in another sip. As I pour another one Theo grips my hand, stopping my actions.

"Don't drink it all." He takes the bottle from me and pours his own drink.

I roll my eyes as I sit back in the seat, I pull my phone from my purse and go to Instagram, I scroll through my feed but Theodore grabs it from my hand.

"What the fuck? Give me my phone!" I say, but he puts it into his pocket.

"Let's go over a few rules first." He turns to me.

"Now?"

"Yes. First of all, stop acting so rude in public, you can hate me all you want behind closed doors but in public you treat me with respect and I'll do the same. Second, you'll have your own room but when we have guests over, like our parents, then we will sleep in my room together."

"Is that it?" I ask.

"For now," he says and gives me my phone back.

(20 minutes later)

We finally reach the new house and part our ways, I walk into my room and immediately go to the shower. Once I'm finished in the shower I walk out in a towel, and see all my bags waiting for me.

I start unpacking after getting changed into my pjs, which was just a black loose shirt and grey sweatpants. I put everything away neatly and lay down in my bed, I pull out my other phone and stare at the number dialled down.

I hesitate but press call and put the phone to my ear, biting my lip as it rings.

"Piper?" Elijah speaks through the phone.

"Elijah, I miss you so much," I say.

"I miss you too, but why are you calling me right now?"

"I'm married." I sarcastically say.

"That was today? So I'm officially the side piece." He jokes.

"Never, Theodore doesn't mean anything to me. This whole thing is just for power over our mafias," I whisper.

"Why are you whispering?"

"I don't want anyone to hear me," I say.

"When can we meet up Pips? I miss you."

"I miss you too, I'll try to meet up whenever I can, okay?"

"Yeah okay, I love you Piper."

"I love you too Elijah."

"I'm going to go to bed alright? Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I smile and hang up the phone.

I sigh as I put it on charge and get comfortable in the bed, trying to sleep for a bit.