FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE;
changed

   «I FEEL LIKE WE'VE MADE A BREAKTHROUGH,» Christina said to Leah as their weekly session was slowly coming to an end, the older female surprised by the amount of progress the pair had made in the last few hours

Leah nodded and shot her a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Not a single bone in her body felt bad for lying and faking her way through it. She refused to open up to someone she didn't feel comfortable with, but she had to give them something. She had given in and talked about how hard it was to adapt to the new society and how she missed her old life. It was all bullshit. Leah didn't miss going to parties with her friends, or taking useless photos to post on Instagram. She was tired of the constant nagging.

«Yeah, I think it's time for me to start living a little,» the brunette said as she leaned back in the couch, her eyes moving over the ceiling as she exhaled. «Maybe travel somewhere,» she added, «look for my soulmate,» she said sarcastically with a chuckle.

«That sounds like a good idea,» The doctor started to say. Leah was however uncertain of what was said after that since she had gotten stuck in her own thoughts. She couldn't stop thinking about the new Captain America. She couldn't stop wondering if Sam knew— if Bucky knew. 'It's impossible they knew beforehand,' she thought to herself.

She stretched her arms out for a moment, her body sore. Ever since the Blip she had been training everyday. She had been a skilled fighter before, but she had never been allowed on a mission— not as long as her father had a say. He wasn't there anymore and Leah understood she couldn't hide anymore, not when she could be useful.

«Are we done for today?» Leah suddenly asked, cutting her off mid-sentence while shooting her a smile. «Sorry, I just realized I have a lunch date,» she added quickly, lying again.

She felt Christina look at her for a moment. Leah feared that she had figured it out— that the last hours had gone down the drain. However, to her surprise, Christina nodded and gestured towards the door. Leah quickly nodded and got up in a rush, brushing off her dark jeans. She moved towards the door in a hurry— just in case Christina would change her mind.

«Leah,» She suddenly said, the other female holding her breath as her hand was holding onto the door handle, ready to exit the room. «Leave the door open for James, he should be here any minute.»

Leah nodded and gave her another smile. She ended up leaving the door open— even if she knew he wouldn't show up. She already knew he was on his way to the same place as her.

☆★