TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE;
the truth

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE;╰ the truth

«THAT'S NOT HOW it's done.» Sam told Leah, quickly scrambling up to where she was standing. There was a frown forming over his face and his dark eyes darted across the wood to ensure she hadn't damaged the material for the boat. He had given her a simple task— or so he thought.

She gave him a questioning look in return, eyebrows softly knitting over her forehead. The machine in her hand was still running on maximum capacity, a whirling sound squeaking from it. The loud noise made it hard for the female to hear the other male, but she didn't think the thought of turning it off. Partly because she didn't know how to; the device had various of buttons to pick from. Mainly because the look on Sam's face was too entertaining.

«Stop that!» He reached out and took the tool from her hands, switching it off while doing so. Leah rolled her eyes in response and instinctively pushed her hair back from her forehead. The dark strands had fallen over her face as she had been leaning down moments before he had interrupted her.

«It's easy!» Leah argued, «I'm smoothing it out like you told me to.» She added as he didn't give her the device back, keeping it away from her in a firm grip.

A look of disbelief traveled over his face. «You think it's easy?» He questioned her.

Leah nodded confidently.

«You're literally holding it in the wrong direction!» Sam told her firmly, hands raising upward.

Her soft lips parted a couple of times as her honey brown eyes narrowed at the tool, taking an actual look of it this time. Leah didn't know there was a right and wrong direction. In her defense they hadn't showed her how to use it. Bucky had placed it in her hand and moved on to his own task not too far away, assuming the handy female knew how to use it. After all she knew how to do most things.

«Shut up. Just show me how to use it.» She hissed through gritted teeth.

A concentrated look rested over her face,  tongue poking out between her rosy lips. Her eyes kept following his quick movements, attempting to memorize the stabs and jabs that he effortlessly thrusted upon the salty and humid air. The paint scraper slid across his gentle fingertips, the wooden-handle of it grazing his rough knuckles. The bright sun casted its warm rays of sunshine over him and he kept repeating the gestures over and over again, waves crashing against the boat under their feet. He made it look so easy.

Bucky moved behind her. She could feel his hot breath tickle against her neck as he towered over her small frame. His large hands rested on top of hers, showing her how to do it properly. The proximity of their bodies made it difficult for her to focus. His body pressed to hers more tightly. It was almost like he could hear her thoughts.