SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN;
hands off

BUCKY, SAM AND LEAH WERE walking down an empty road

BUCKY, SAM AND LEAH WERE walking down an empty road. The two males appeared to be fine from the previous events, whereas Leah couldn't help but struggle. She had taken a hard punch to her chest by one of the super-soldiers, dark bruises coated her skin to prove it. The deep imprint that was left on her chest made her involuntary fall behind as she was still having a difficult time breathing properly. She refused to ask for help or inform the males next to her.

«I miss Redwing,» She coughed under her breath.

Bucky's eyes had been glued to Leah ever since they had started walking. With the super-serum pulsing through his veins, he could hear things humans were unable to. He could hear her deep breaths and the way her heart painfully slammed to her chest. He could feel the tightness under her skin, knowing she was in pain even if she didn't complain or mention it.

«No you don't,» He disagreed with her, his eyes meeting hers. He never stopped listening to her breathing. Partly concerned she would collapse. Partly knowing she was too stubborn for that.

A few minutes passed before a car passed them, the vehicle returning to them shortly afterwards. Leah instantly grimaced as she spotted the two familiar faces; John and Lemar. They were persistent as they kept offering them a ride, refusing to leave the small group alone. Leah kept refusing the offer, Sam and Bucky doing the same.

Bucky and Sam eventually gave in, forcing Leah to do the same. She would've preferred to walk the rest of the way— the pain didn't matter, neither did the distance to the Airport. The main reason the former Winter Soldier had agreed to the shared ride was because of Leah. He knew she needed a break and that she wouldn't give herself one. However he would never admit that out loud.

Leah struggled to keep up with their fast conversation. She was exhausted and the unwelcome sensation of anxiety was spreading through her body like poison. She just wanted to crawl under a blanket and hide. She was upset by her contribution, mainly because she felt like she did more bad than good.

«I got mad respect for y'all. But you were getting your asses kicked till we showed up,» Lemar said, causing Leah to straighten up in her seat.

«No, we had everything under control,» Leah argued as she refused to give them any credit. She knew they would have been fine without them.

John kept looking at the smaller female, just like he had been ever since she had gotten inside the crammed vehicle. Bucky had noticed the intense and desperate look in his eyes, even if Leah hadn't. It caused him to keep his eyes firmly on the male opposite of him, the older male growing impossibly annoyed with the blonde.

«Does he always stare like that?» Walker suddenly asked them, referring to Bucky's cold glare.

«Who are you?» Bucky referred to Lemar this time, completely ignoring John.

«Lemar Hoskins.»

«Look, I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins,» Sam spoke this time.

«I'm Battlestar. John's partner.»

Leah looked up at Lemar before her dark eyes flickered to John. He was already looking at her, his piercing eyes firmly set on her. If the situation had been different, she would've laughed. It was ridiculous. Leah didn't even have to glance over at Bucky to know that he was probably on the verge of losing it.

«Why don't you join us?» John suddenly said, addressing Leah directly as he looked straight at her. Bucky and Sam shared a confused look for a moment, raising their eyebrows.

«What?» Leah said just as confused.

«You got potential, sweetheart. We could help you become even better than you are,» he explained with a condescending tone. Leah narrow her eyes at him and Bucky clenched his jaw at his disrespectful words, nearly exploding. He already had trouble controlling his temper and John was certainly not making it easier.

John suddenly ran his hand up her small thigh and before Leah had the chance to react, Bucky's vibranium arm moved to catch his hand. Bionic sounds squeaked from his vibranium arm as he easily twisted John's hand, leaving a trail of pain over his face. The darkening look in his eyes almost made him look like the the former assassin that he had once been. Bucky applied more pressure to his hand, twisting it harder until the bones under his skin threatened to crack. He clenched his jaw tightly as rage rippled through his veins.

«Stop the car!» Bucky said loudly as his strong hold remained, Walker twisting in pain as he tried his best to not groan. He motioned for Sam and Leah to get off, which they both did with no hesitation.

The dark haired male waited until Sam and Leah had gotten off the vehicle before he leaned in closer to John. Bucky lowered his voice for the following words, making sure Walker was the only one to hear his dark voice.

«If you ever touch her again or look at her like that, I won't hesitate to rip you into shreds.»

And he meant every single word.

★ ☆