ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
puppy love

«I'M GOING IN ALONE,» Bucky said firmly as they stopped outside Zemo's cell

«I'M GOING IN ALONE,» Bucky said firmly as they stopped outside Zemo's cell. The large and airy corridor was filled with german guards that were ensuring the safety of the large building.

The brunette looked over at him, «Well that's stupid,» Leah commented as she rolled her eyes, disagreeing with his proposal.

«Everything you say is stupid,» Bucky groaned, a hint of sarcasm in his tone as he didn't mean it literally.

«Bucky,» She said.

Sam cracked up, quickly understanding her joke, «She's onto something,» He chuckled under his breath as he was struggling to keep a straight face.

The former assassin waved them off dismissively, «You are an avenger,» Bucky pointed at Sam, «And you are the daughter of an avenger,» He concluded as he pointed at Leah, «And you both know how he feels about that.»

«Look, it's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together,» Sam explained.

«We have a history together. Trust me. I got it,» Bucky spoke again. Neither of them argued with him this time— they both knew he had already made up his mind. No matter what they said or suggested, he would never reconsider.

Sam and Leah watched as Bucky entered the room without them. A small sigh left the girl's lips before she looked up at Sam quietly. He seemed to be too deep in thought to notice her gaze, his brain working hard as he tried to figure out their next step.

Leah was unsure of how long Bucky had been gone but he had eventually exited the room and joined them by the main entrance. He didn't really let them in on the conversation he had with Zemo, and Leah could tell that Sam was waiting for an update impatiently.

They eventually ended up in a secluded building not too far away. It was dark and seemingly cold and dust coated the cemented ground in the building.

«Uh, what is this place even?» She hummed under her breath as she struggled to see. She kept walking into Sam's back due to the lack of light and coordination.

Bucky finally found the switch and turned the lights on for the three of them. He mentioned something about Zemo, but Leah struggled to hear his words; the dark haired male mumbling whatever he was saying.

«What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail?» Sam started to say as he looked around for a brief moment, «Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?»

Bucky sighed as he leaned back a bit, «We have no leads, no moves, nothing.»

«What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars,» Sam pointed out for his partner, causing Leah to slowly nod in agreement.