TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
madripoor

«IM NOT WAKING HER UP,» Sam whispered to Bucky as he held up his hands, his eyes narrowing on the supersoldier for a brief moment

«Why should I wake her up?» Bucky whispered back as Zemo rolled his eyes at the pair.

«One of you have to,» Zemo reminded them.

They were slowly but surely reaching their destination, Madripoor, after hours of staying in the air. Sam was waiting until the very last moment to change into his outfit. He was not too excited about the patterns on the fabric— and he could only assume that it would be colorful to the eyes of those who could see colors.

«I'm not doing it,» Wilson said firmly to them before he picked up the clothes inside his hand and found his way to the secluded bathroom.

Bucky groaned while Zemo shrugged. The former assassin was eventually left alone with the sleeping girl as Zemo joined the pilot in the cockpit for a moment, already dressed for the mission.

«Leah,» Bucky said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. She didn't even react to his words.

He rolled his eyes and rubbed his hand against his jaw, «Hello?» He hummed as he waved his hand in front of her closed eyes. Bucky stopped for a moment as he realized how peaceful she looked when she slept. He struggled with sleeping a lot; always tormented by nightmares, whereas the girl in front of him would take every chance she got to rest her eyes and sleep.

The taller male leaned down a bit. He slowly poked his metal fingers against her shoulder. Once again; he was met by no astonishing result as Leah kept sleeping in her comfortable spot.

She started mumbling under her breath, causing Bucky to chuckle for a moment before his metal arm reached up to her face this time. He hesitated for a moment before she squished her cheeks together, slowly starting to snicker quietly.

The coldness of the vibranium caused the smaller girl to jolt awake in her seat. Her face nearly slammed against his as she immediately got into her fighting position. Her small fist was raised to protect her face while her other hand was gripping the small knife she had hidden and tucked away in the pocket of her pants.

Bucky's eyes softened on her for a moment, slowly realizing he had startled the girl even if that hadn't been his goal, «That happy to see me, huh?» He teased her as he scrunched his nose at her subconsciously. His hand slowly fell to his side as he stood up a bit more, giving her some space.

A small breath of air left Leah's lips as she slowly calmed down. Her heart slammed against her chest before the rhythm of her heart rate returned to normal. She let go of the knife in her hand, letting it return to its assigned spot, and her other hand slowly fell from its rigid position by her face.