Chapter 3: Work First

August POV

Man I swear Keyshia is bad as fuck. She make a nigga weak. But, we got to a performance. She was dancing as I was singing. I sung a song I wrote called Get Ya Money. I thought it was the perfect to sing because of the talk we just had in the the back. As I was singing I watched her body move to the words of the song. I was so amazed when Jasmine said she was the best dancer she had she was not lying. Keyshia not like the other dancers here in NOLA. I am so surprise. Damn I gotta have her. But i don't want her to judge me at what I do. You see I am a drug dealer

I deal for my brother Melvin. We call him king. I deal to make out of NOLA easier. I save every penny I get from the deals or drop I make.

Kendra POV:

I watched my bestfriend dance. Keyshia is amazing at what she does. I am not ashamed of what she does. This is her hustle. Yeah her dad is as drug dealer & her mama is a doctor but Keyshia says she needs to make her own money just in case something happens to either one of her parents. They don't know about Keyshia being a hip hop ballet dancer. They would flip out on both of us. Y'all probably like why would you get in trouble too? Well this how it is with us we don't let one get in trouble it's always believable that way always have been.

Phone Conversation

Mama Dukes: Kendra?

Me: Yes ma

Mama Dukes : What time will y'all be home? And why Keyshia not answering her phone?

Me: In a hour and she left it in the car while we at the gym.

Mama Dukes: Okay and I have a surprise for you guys so hurry home.

Me : Alright ma love ya

Mama Dukes: Love you to Kendra

☎End of Phone Conversation ☎

As I ended the call with Mama Dukes, Keyshia was coming of the stage you could here the DJ say "And that was our new dancer who goes by Kash Doll"

She ran to her dressing room while I called her assistance to go get her check from Jazmine.

Me: Aye Keyshia mama called while you was on stage she said she has a surprise for us when we get home.

Keyshia: Okay bestfriend & I got a surprise for you when we get home as well.

Me; okay Let's go

Me and my bestfriend walked out of there like some true bosses.