Chapter 33

Tris's P.O.V.

Something is up with Tobias, I can tell. The car ride back from the hospital is filled with awkward silence.

"Are you okay? You seem a little off." I ask him. Car rides with him are never this quiet. He always has something to say and even when he isn't talking, he's always looking at me. Not the window.

"I'm fine," He finally turns to looks at me. "Just thinking."

"What about?"

"Nothing important." He says turning away from me again.

"If it's not important then why won't you tell me?" I ask again, trying to get more of a response out of him. He just keeps looking out the window. Fine then. I can give you the silent treatment too.

Tobias's P.O.V.

I can't tell her. She would never let me go which would mean that she would get hurt. I can' talk to her because I'm scared that I might accidentally tell her what I have to do. Then we'll both be screwed.

The rest of the way home is quiet, except for the soft hum of the radio. I think that I made quite pissed at me. I just don't want to hurt you. I think to myself.

"Why would you hurt me?"

"What?" I ask.

"You said that you don't want to hurt me. Why would you hurt me?" She looks over at me with a questioning look in her eyes. I guess I thought out loud.

"It's nothing."

"Whatever."

We finally pull into her driveway. We get out of the car and walk up to the door. Tris opens the door and walks upstairs, most likely towards her room. I decide to follow her and try to apologize.

"I'm sorry." I say walking into her room and closing the door. She's sitting on her bed with her legs crossed.

"And I'm pissed." She says with a straight face. I sigh and walk over to sit next to her.

"You won't be later."

She snorts. "I highly doubt that."

She looks over at the clock on her beside table. The bright lights flash 8:30. "We should get to bed."

"Alright."

I walk over to her dresser and pull out one of my shirts for her to wear. "Here."

"Thanks." She whispers. She goes into the bathroom to change while I take off my shirt and jeans, leaving me in my boxers. I slowly slip into her bed. Hopefully she won't kick me out.

She comes out of the bathroom and sighs. She crawls in next to me and wraps her tiny arms around my torso. As I wrap mine around her waist, I can feel my phone vibrating on the bed next to me.

"I love you Tris." I tell her. I'm really afraid that it might be the last time I get to say that to her.

"I love you too Tobias. But I'm still pissed at you." I let out a soft chuckle.

"Goodnight Tris."

"Goodnight Tobias." I fall asleep With her in my arms, and my phone set to go off in the middle of the night.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰
Hi guys! I updated yay!!!!!! Alright. I'll keep this short and simple this chapter.

Comment!

Vote!

Please?????

Okay. Bye now!

-Cameron