Chapter 9

Warning: This chapter has themes of self-harm

3rd Person:

Eren was casually lying around on his bed. He wanted to charge his phone a little bit before getting on it. Levi was leaving for Washington Wednesday. Mikasa wanted Eren to spend his last day and a half at home after he told her about him leaving with Levi to go on tour with him. He's pretty sure she started to cry when he did.

He was simply taking in the fact that he was friends with his favorite rockstar. Good karma for helping the poor? He didn't quite know why he was blessed with the experience, he just knew his summer wasn't going to be like all the other repetitive summers he had before.

Unfortunately, he was unaware of the dangers being around Levi would cause for himself and the people close to him.

Levi knew very well what hole he was digging by letting Eren get close to him. He was extremely stressed over it, but at the same time, he felt comfortable knowing it was Eren who would find out who he was beneath his fame. Only a few days of getting to know him, and Levi knew Eren should be the first to know. He just feared his safety.

Only five more performances, and his tour will be over.

Eren had gotten on his Twitter, only to be bombarded with new followers. He was momentarily confused before he realized that Levi mentioned him in a tweet, telling his fans who "that boy" was. The brunet shook his head with a quiet chuckle.

"Hey, Eren, can you do me a favor?" Mikasa said after cracking the door open.

"Sure."

Mikasa opened the door fully. Allowing herself in. "Can you pick up some things from the store? I don't feel like going out right now."

Eren turned around to see Mikasa, who looked horrible. She had bloodshot eyes and her hair was a mess. She also wore very plain-looking clothes he assumed she only used as pajamas.

"Uh... Okay."

She nodded and left. Gently closing the door behind her.

That's new. She never closes the door.

Eren slipped on a hoodie and a pair of Vans. Grabbing his new longboard and some money along with a list full of stuff they needed lying on the counter. He was about to head out when he realized he needed to go to the bathroom real bad. He opened the door to see one of the most horrifying things he had ever seen before.

Mikasa was cutting.

She looked about as horrified as he was. She dropped the blade from her trembling hand and pulled down her sleeve as if it would do anything to help the situation. Eren simply stared, paralyzed and open-mouthed. "M-Mikasa? Why?"

Her look of shock was replaced with that of guilt. "I... I couldn't handle the pain. I'm sorry that you had to see this, Eren. I promise I won't do it again." And with that statement, she bent over to grab her blade and tossed it in the toilet. Flushing it down.

Eren felt guilty as well. All this time he thought she was too cocky to take his constant insults and sarcastic responses to heart. And he was going to leave her alone for god knows how long too. He was ashamed.

After helping his adoptive sister clean herself up, he decided to leave her alone by going to the store like he was going to do. He hung his head in shame whilst riding his way to the nearby store. This was his fault. All of his fault. He hadn't known she was hurting like this, and if he knew, then maybe he would've been able to avoid the behavior that caused her pain in the first place.

The brunet took out his phone after entering the store and texted Levi.

Eren: "Hey, Levi. I just found out my sister has more issues then I thought. I can't leave her alone, but I want to go on tour with you. What should I do?" - Monday 5:26 PM