Delusional fears.

The next morning Duncan woke up early, dreading to go to work. He didn't want to see Samantha there and face her. But he was more worried about Courtney. What if she thought he was lying or never trusted him again.

Duncan made sure he didn't wake up Courtney while getting ready for work. He put on the tie Courtney suggested for him to wear the previous night.

He looked at Courtney before leaving. He just hoped she loved him after he told her. He put a lingering kiss on her forehead and left out the door.
............

Duncan walked into the building making sure that Samantha was nowhere near. When he was sure she wasn't near he got in the elevator.

He pushed the close button on the elevator repeatedly till the elevator closed. He stood there with a sigh and leaned against the cold metal walls of the elevator.

He just didn't understand what gave her the impression that he was interested in her or even wanted to do anything like that. It wasn't like he was hitting on her or anything.

The elevator dinged bringing him out of his confused thoughts. He stood up straight and the elevator doors opened. He walked through it with random people saying hi's. Duncan barely acknowledged them by nodding at them or a half-wave.

Samantha came in view with a tight black skirt that went to her calf's and a baby blue long-sleeved shirt. she hugged her binder to her chest walking in his direction. Duncan mentally cursed himself and just kept walking straight.

"Good morning Duncan!" Samantha said cheerfully walking past him. Duncan however did not acknowledge her at all and just kept walking straight. He didn't stop walking till he made it to his office and shut the door.

He sat in his chair doing work avoiding Samantha the best he could.

Someone started knocking on the door and Duncan felt his heart sink. "Come in."

Duncan was relieved when he saw Geoff walk into the room.

"Hey man, you okay man? You looked super peeved last night." Geoff nearly tripped over his own feet trying to sit in the chair across from Duncan.

"That's because I was." Duncan sighed.

"Why? What happened?"

Duncan told Geoff what happened in the bathroom. Geoff looked at Duncan in shock "you have to tell mocha! Like ASAP."

"I know I know I was going to last night but she was asleep and now I'm scared cause I don't know how she's going to react." He rushed out frustratedly.

" I mean she will get mad at Samantha not necessarily you..." Geoff trailed off.

Duncan just groaned "she's going to kill me!"

"It's okay man Bridgette kills me all the time!" Geoff tried cheering him up.

Flashbacks
Geoff and Bridgette were getting ready for bed. They did their usual routine.  Dinner, make-out session, and shower. Then it was time for bed.
"Geoff!" Bridgette screamed out ferociously.
Geoff was playing a game on his laptop when he heard Bridgette and knew she was angry.
He quickly started thinking about what he could've done to make her mad. Bridgette storms into the room

"Geoff you used my razor?!" she glared at him.

Geoff mentally cursed himself "I'm sorry mine was rusted and I needed to shave and I was running late but I tried to wash it!" He exclaimed.

"Okay."Bridgette nodded understandingly.

"Okay," Geoff said timidly.

"Where did you shave?" she asked.