Bittersweet ending

⚠️MENTIONS DEATH/PAST VIOLENCE⚠️

Duncan pulled into their driveway and saw the cops and the ambulance pull up to the house.

Geoff ran to the locked front door.

Duncan quickly got out and followed the cops and ambulance in tow.

Geoff had been banging on the door before Duncan pushed him out the way and unlocked the door.

"Step back! There might be danger sir." A cop said moving Duncan out the way of the officers and blocking Geoff and Duncan's way.

"That's my wife in there!" Duncan angrily yelled at the cop in front of him as the other cops and E.M.T workers ran inside.

"Yeah mine too man." Geoff added on.

"Courtney! Samantha? Bridgette!" A voice called from inside.

"We know but we have to make sure that there is no threat." The man replied.

"Three women down. Three women down!" Duncan and Geoff barged passed the men.

Duncan went to where he saw the men. He knew Bridgette was in the living room and saw Most of the men in the kitchen. He ran in there and stopped in his tracks.

It was blood all over the stove and the floor.

Duncan looked over to see Samantha laying lifeless on the ground with her eyes open. She had blood running down her face and dried up blood on her neck shirt and hair.

He also noticed her head was bashed in and that her nose was broken. Her lip was also splitted.

Duncan felt happy and proud at what Courtney did but looked over and saw his wife. She was on the ground with her eyes swollen closed and unresponsive. Her shirt had a ton of blood on it. He looked on the ground and saw a bloody knife on the ground.

"Is she okay?! Please tell me she's okay." He began before he could stop. The hot tears fell from his eyes.

The guys cut open her shirt exposing her stab wounds.

"We need to get her to surgery now! This woman is going to bleed out!" The E.M.T. called out. A group of them got a cot and put her up on it.

"Your wife is alive. But she's unconscious from the bleeding. We don't have long we need to act quickly." The man said.

Just as Duncan followed the cot with Courtney he looked over and saw Geoff talking to the E.M.T what he assumed was about Bridgette.

He focused on Courtney and got in the back of the ambulance.
————————————
Hours passed since got to the hospital. 3 hours passed since Heather and Alejandro arrived. and 2 hours since Bridgette woke up. 1 hour since Duncan and the others got an update on Samantha and the accomplice but nothing on Courtney.

He was terrified about what happened to Courtney. The laptop died when the crazy redhead was on top of Courtney. With the knife to her eye.

He was worried but he was confident Courtney could take her on. He blamed himself for all of this happening to Zeke, Courtney, and Bridgette.

He prayed she pulled through without her he had nothing to live for.

"Are you Duncan Salvador?" A doctor called snapping him out of his thoughts.

Duncan looked up to see Courtney's doctor and nurse.

"Yes. Is she okay? Am I allowed to see her?" Duncan stood up eager to see his wife.

"Duncan... we're sorry but she didn't make it. She passed on the operation table." The nurse said solemnly.

Duncan felt his whole world freeze "w-what?"