A fresh break and close calls.

Duncan for the next 3 days drove to work and did any work he could in the office so he could get attendance for workdays.

He told Barkley that Courtney and himself were going on a vacation. Barkley was okay with it. After Duncan told him he was going to be gone for about 3 weeks, Barkley wished him well and told them that when he got back there was a new client he was gonna let him work with.

Duncan came to work for the last and final day. He made sure he had no meetings and his schedule was cleared.

He looked at his calendar and saw he only had a meeting today before he was completely done and can go to Courtney.

Unfortunately, he was stuck there for 2 hours before the meeting started.

——————————————————

Courtney kissed Duncan goodbye as he left for work. They both woke up early packing the truck with their luggage.

Their trip would be 3 weeks and a few days at most.

And Courtney, being the overachiever she was of course made sure everything they both needed was packed.

She shut the trunk and went back inside and made sure she had everything. Her purse, keys... where's my phone? Courtney quickly went back inside to get her phone.

She was in such a rush she almost forgot to engage her home security system.

Courtney got in the truck and mentally checked the list in her head. She didn't plan on coming back. Duncan was supposed to have an early day so they can catch their flight at 12:30 pm. It was 8:30 am at the moment and Heather and herself made plans to buy lingerie, bikinis, and other things she would need in Bora Bora.

Bridgette would've gone but she had to do an emergency rescue at the animal facility she works at so she couldn't make it.

Once Courtney was sure she had everything she pulled off the driveway and headed to the mall to meet up with Heather.

Not even realizing she avoided danger leaving when she did

............................................................

"You have to buy this red bikini, oh and this black one," Heather said handing Courtney the sixth bikini in a row.

"Okay, Heather! I already have six now, I think that's enough." Courtney huffed.

Heather rolled her eyes "you're going to be there for like a month! You don't wanna wear the same old swimming suits, Right Alejandro?"

Alejandro unfortunately was their bag holder. He was holding a lot of bags and this was only their 3rd store.

"Right mi amor." He said not really listening. He was trying to find where the hell he could find a basket.

"Ugh fine." Courtney sighed taking another swimming suit from Heather.

So far they picked lingerie, clothes/shoes, and now swimming suits.

"So do you want us to drive by the house to keep watch?" Heather asked.

While they began talking Alejandro saw a basket and snuck off to get it.

"No don't worry about it. We installed security cameras in the house and we have the security system." Courtney said Turning to give Alejandro more clothes for him to hold only to see him with a basket.

"Well everything isn't foolproof, just let me know if you change your mind. But on this trip I want you two to reconnect yourselves again and to have fun." Heather said.