Unwanted Babies and Elavator Rides

Duncan sighed while as he sat at across from Courtney's sister, Roxanne. Duncan couldn't stand her because he found her annoying. She was worse than both of Courtney's parents combined in his opinion. She always negative about everything Duncan does. He could say "I'm gonna start running more so I can get more exercise" and she'll say "yeah from the police..." Or "running is so mediocre go to the gym".

Then she was always Bragging about everything. Her 5-star wedding, her "amazing" job, her son Zeke or her fabulous life. Anything you could think of she would brag about it.

More things she would that would irritate him was her corrected people,

Blames others for their problems

And Treats people like they're are below her plus she's judgmental.

Duncan sat there annoyed that she even had to be in his presence while drinking his water.

"Aww Roxanne you know Zeke can stay here with us until you get back." Courtney said smiling.

Duncan immediately started chocking on his water hearing what princess said.

"That's a splendid idea that would be easier than finding a babysitter for a like a month or two. "

Hell no

"Courtney, we need to talk in the hallway. Now." Duncan said standing up, taking Courtney's hand and taking her to the hallway so her sister couldn't overhear or most likely eavesdrop.

" Courtney what the hell. I don't want to sit with a 3-month baby for over a month" Duncan exclaimed frustratedly.

Courtney rolled her eyes "Duncan she said it may be over a month." She said exaggerating the "may".

"I don't understand why she can't just hire someone, it's not like she's broke she made that very clear."  

"Duncan, I don't want my nephew with a strange person. They're getting their wedding vows renewed with a little honeymoon/vacation. We should help them out." She said like it wasn't a lot.

Duncan sighed "look a baby is a lot to handle. That means we must waste our leisure time on him instead of each other and work. How the hell am I supposed to get any from you if we have to take care of it?" Courtney blushed at the last part.

" Just think of it to see if we're ready for kids. So, we know when we would want one." She said trying to make him see the bright side.

But Duncan wasn't going for it. "You already know if anything goes wrong, she's gonna blame me for it" he said rolling his eyes

"And we have a busy schedule anyway. I have to go to work until like 7pm and you have your weight training classes Wednesday and Friday plus your other job as a lawyer."

She huffed "Duncan I teach the classes so I can bring Zeke, he'd be a great way to help with the mothers" she said 100 % sure " And I can just talk to Heather and she'll let me off or work something out." She said smirking at the fact that there was no way outta this.

Duncan groaned " I don't want to do it." He said bluntly. She ignored him and got excited " Duncan this means that I can finish my degree in interior design! With the spare time I'll have at home!" She said hugging him. "Duncan please." She said hugging him with her arms around the back of his neck.

Duncan shook his head no. She hung on his neck doing her signature puppy dog eyes that was Duncan's weakness "pleeeaaaassseee Dunky?"

Duncan sighed extremely annoyed "fine!" She squealed and showers his face with kisses. "Thank you, baby." Duncan just rolled his eyes and pouted.

__________back at the house_______

Zeke was brought in his car seat by Courtney, while Duncan carried the stroller, the crib,

,the thing that hangs from the ceiling and more baby stuff.

When everything was set up Zeke was sleep in his crib. Courtney went up to their room, where Duncan was still pouting.

She sat on the bed by him while he laid down with a green and black laptop on his lap while doing some work. "Dunky" she said in a sing song manner.

No response "Dunkieee" she said slightly longer and louder. Still nothing.

She snatched the laptop and set it on the TV stand and sat where the laptop once was. He just looked at her.

She sighed "look as soon as he's gone, we can do whatever you want okay" she said rubbing up and down his chest. Duncan lighted up at her words.

"Anything?" "Yes anything" "...so that means we can go to the monster truck show and get to race the monster trucks?" he said getting excited. 

"Ugh Duncan you know those things are dangerous" she exclaimed quietly so they wouldn't wake up Zeke.

Duncan rolled his eyes" you said anything" he said bluntly. Courtney glared at him "fine. Only once okay."

He smiled "okay princess"

_________A few weeks later________

Duncan stepped in the elevator waiting for the elevator to close.

Duncan was drained. For weeks he would wake up in the middle of the night countless of times. He practically took your most of his time. And Duncan was sick of it.

While Duncan waited for the elevator to close, he saw his self in the shiny silver elevator.

He looked horrible. He had purple bags under his eyes from his sleepless nights. His skin is kind of pale.

The elevator finally started closing. He put his head back on the cool metal relaxing. When he heard heels running and a panic "wait!" He immediately sat up and put his arm in between the doors. Usually he wouldn't have did that, but he knew if it was him at this time, he would be pissed that they didn't help.

The bombshell Samantha Miller ran in the elevator, hand filled with files and stacks of paper. "Thank you so much" she said outta breath putting a strand of hair that was in her face.

"No prob" he said. The elevator began moving up and began to jolt. Which caused her to drop everything she had in her hands.

She looked embarrassed as she squatted down to pick them up. Duncan chuckled "I see youre not used to the crazy elevator yet". She giggled " not at all". He said getting down to help her.

When it was only a file left, he reached out to get it, as well as Samantha and she touched hands with him. She looked up and made eye contact with him. And he saw a look in her eyes he never saw before. He didn't exactly know what it was.

He stared back for a second but cleared his throat when his wife flashed through his mind. And stood up. Suddenly to him the elevator ride getting awkward.

"Thank you for helping. It's been a rough morning for me, my boyfriend and I are going through a rough patch now" she said smiling at him it slowly fading towards the end.

Duncan relaxed a little about the fact she has a boyfriend. "Every relationship goes though it don't worry it'll end well" right after he said that the elevator dinged and opened to their floor.

Duncan walked out adjusting his collar feeling a little hot. It felt like that elevator ride was five hours.

-

-

-

OKAYYYY I finally got this done. But this chapter isn't really important like that but it helped develop the climax. So do you guys like Samantha? I don't lmao and how do you feel about Duncan's attraction towards her. And one more thing this book is based off the movie not following every exact thing from it.