The start to the happily ever after

AFTER THE HONEYMOON:

Courtney was carrying a heavy box; she was struggling but she was trying not to show it.

Then Duncan came and scooped the heavy box up with ease while holding another box. "Duncan why did you do that I could carry it!" "Yeah sure..." Duncan replied sarcastically walking inside their new home.

Courtney rolled her eyes and grabbed another box from the moving truck.

___________________________

Duncan and Courtney were laying on their new royal blue couch, exhausted from carrying all those boxes.

Courtney was marveling at her ring it was so beautiful and she loved it even more because Duncan picked it out.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Duncan said rubbing her arm. "How everything working out. Thank you so much for everything" she said hugging him, Duncan hugged her back, heart pounding.

You'd think she wouldn't still that effect on him. They been dating since Freshman year; they only broke up twice for like a month before they gotten back together. Duncan is 27 years old and Courtney is 26 years old.

Courtney got up taking charge" Okay if we start unpacking these boxes and bags, we should be done by..." She said looking at her chunky silver watch. "Maybe 12 if we unpack with NO distractions she said looking at Duncan, all he did smirk "no promises" he said looking her up and down. Courtney glared "okay okay okay fine"

"if we work really hard might be done a little bit after 10. So, in order to make make sure you don't get handsy you work downstairs, and upstairs will be for me" she said heading upstairs.

___________________________

Courtney put up the last painting in the guest bedroom. She was finally finished with the whole upstairs.

The whole upstairs and 2 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms two of them bathrooms. It also had a 2 closets in the hallway, connected to the stairs going downstairs, there was a bridge like hall that connects to the bedrooms, there was another (yes another) set of stairs that was in the closet so if something happens to the main stairs there was back upstairs.

Finally, she thought leaving the guest bedroom to see if Duncan was finished. She checked her watch it was about to be 9:35.

When she got downstairs, she saw Duncan making a bag of popcorn. "Ugh Duncan you would've been nearly finished by now! she exclaims stomping her foot.

Duncan didn't hear her come in, so the sound of her voice made him jump "Hey! Don't sneak up on me like that!" he said catching his breath. "And I just put this in I only have like 5 boxes left, get your panties out of its bunch." he said taking the popcorn out the microwave

Courtney walked over in her SpongeBob house shoes, grabbed some popcorn.

"So, I guessed you finished huh?" He asked smirking

She was about to answer then she saw to the on his face "What are you up to?"

"Nothing, what makes you think I am up to something?"

"Duncan I've known you since 6th grade, I know what that face means." Courtney says flatly.

Duncan's smirk only got bigger. He walked to the fridge grab two bottles of water. walks back over to her, looking at her expectantly.

Courtney eyes him suspiciously and puts some popcorn in her mouth only to spit it out dramatic. Duncan bursts out laughing. "Ew what the hell, why didn't you tell me it was kettle corn" she exclaims disgusted grabbed the water to get the taste out of her mouth.

"Because it wouldn't have been funny" he said finally calming down. Once he saw Courtney's glare he said" aw come on I at least got a water for you!"

___________________________

They were finally done about an hour and 30 minutes later. It would've been done earlier if Duncan would've had waited to "explore" Courtney... If you catch my drift.

Duncan was texting Geoff and Alejandro in a group chat laying in bed when Courtney Came out the shower with a light purple towel wrapped around her frame.

"Tryna seduce me babe?"

"No I'm trying to get something to put on" she said grabbing some clothes going back into the bathroom.

When she came out, she was wearing Duncan's shirts that had a skull on it, it went just a little bit below her butt and of course her SpongeBob slippers her hair was curly from getting wet. Duncan loved when her hair was curly. Her curls went just before mid-back.

"Okay now I know you want round two"

Courtney giggled and laid down beside him in bed, her arm and head on his chest and wrapped an arm around his waist.

"You ready to start work tomorrow Dunky" Courtney said

"They actually called me while you were upstairs, there making start Tuesday"

"I was thinking since I was a seasonal lawyer how about I become a fitness trainer with Heather" she said excitedly

"Eww Heather." Courtney slapped him on his chest.

"Geez I think it'll be good for you... besides from the Heather part"

Courtney ignores the last part "Good cause I really want to do something besides sitting here till they call me every 4 months. But I'm not going to work there every day like 3 times a week" "just don't wear those short shorts Heather wears" Duncan says. "I won't" she says.

Duncan turns off the light, and pulls Courtney close to him.

They talk to each other until they fall asleep in each other's arms.