Not Quite Whole

After everyone was gone, Ty felt strange. He was happy to see them, of course, but he still was not satisfied.

           It was like Cristina had said, like there was a hole inside his heart.

           He didn't feel whole.

                                     ******

            It was nearly time for dinner, but Dru still didn't know where Kit was. She looked every nook and corner of the institute, but she couldn't find him anywhere. The kitchen, the weapons room, the library( fat chance, but she still searched anyway). She even went to the beach, but no luck. Tired, she came back to the institute and went straight to the kitchen, where she found everyone already eating. Everyone. Even Ty.

              Everyone looked at her when she arrived.

          "Where have you been?", Julian asked.

          "The beach."

           "At this hour?"

           "I just felt like going and I went, what's the big deal."

            Julian sighed, "Alright. Come and have your dinner."

            She walked across the kitchen to the dining table, sat and found herself facing Ty, he had a silent question on his face. Did you find him?

           Dru shook her head. They both ate their dinner in silence. Ty was the first one up.

          "I'm going back to my room." He told everyone while leaving.

          "Sure, goodnight." Jules said.

          Ty nodded and left.

           Dru completed eating her dinner and got up, " Goodnight.", she told eveyone and left.

          She felt bad for Ty. He surely wanted to speak to Kit. But Kit wasn't here and she couldn't find him. She was getting worried.

           He'll come back. Don't worry. She told herself and went back to her room.

                                  ******